Need new starter 360 4 Speed 833 with Headman Header

-

RichardJ916

Reaction score
Looking for a new mini starter for a 1972 360 Duster with Headman Header, 833 Trans, Manual steering. What would you buy...
I looked for a few but not sure what to buy.

Please help

Richard

I bought a stock replacement starter for an 89 Dodge truck. My Duster has an automatic, but still a 360 with headers. It's one of the best upgrades I have done.

Cley

I needed to remove it to get the big starter out, but the small one can be changed without removing the header. Mine are cheap Patriot headers.

Cley

Be aware that sometime before or at the model year 2000, the ign connection changed from a bolt to a plug.

I do know that 1997 still had a bolt.

BTW, you can get rebuild kits with the brush plates for $12.

The design tends to grind through those plates.

Be aware that sometime before or at the model year 2000, the ign connection changed from a bolt to a plug.

I do know that 1997 still had a bolt.

BTW, you can get rebuild kits with the brush plates for $12.

The design tends to grind through those plates.
I am pretty sure mine has the bolt on wires, not a plug...I will look before ordering the new starter

That is one thing I should have mentioned is the wire connections. You have to be a bit imaginative to ensure the trigger wire and the power wire stay separated, but it's no big deal. Someone on here sells an adapter that makes it way nicer and simpler than mine. I still recommend this as a cheaper alternative to the aftermarket mini starters.

Cley

That is one thing I should have mentioned is the wire connections. You have to be a bit imaginative to ensure the trigger wire and the power wire stay separated, but it's no big deal. Someone on here sells an adapter that makes it way nicer and simpler than mine. I still recommend this as a cheaper alternative to the aftermarket mini starters.

Cley
I seen that during a search for mini starters...

-
Back