Need Opinions on Ebay sale

-

412 Stroker

Reaction score
Heres my story, I had my 360 redone last summer, it is now a 412 stroker, took all the used parts that the engine shop gave back to me, one of the items that I had was my used mopar standard adjustable rockers, shafts, spacers, and pushrods, mind you they were on my engine and working, I put them up for sale on Ebay and a guy bought the whole works for $50.00 plus shipping, this was in April, I had pics of the parts and I put as-is and no returns, they were shipping to california and then to Australia, now 3 months later he sends me a email telling me they are unusable (worn and scoured) and expects me to do something as he feels he got a raw deal, these were in my old engine and it ran fine, I just wanted a stroker so i had mine rebuilt, I trust the opinions on this site so what do you all think I should do?? thanks.

3 months later I really would do nothing, it was used parts you sold and he should have known if the parts he purchased if he could use them or not? Just my 2cents

I think they have a deadline of 90 days. If it has been over, I don't think you have to do anything.

I had something similar happen this Spring. In the begining of November I sold a window to a guy back east. I shipped it out right away ( and very well packed ) and never heard back from him. Then in March he tells me that he got the window but it was broken and that greyhound won't refund it. I asked for pictures and he said he would have to try to get some ( in took him a week to get them to me). I contacted eBay about this ( with all the sale dates, payment dates, shipment dates and then the contact date ) letting them know that it seemed very fishy to me and asking what I should do. The person agreed that it was suspicious and said that since the 90 day time period had passed I did not have to worry about it.

He took that chance on buying used engine parts.

You presented the parts as used so it is his problem.

Caveat Emptor.

With a picture of the parts and a "as is -no return" I don't feel that you did anything wrong. The buyer could have asked all the questions he wanted prior to the sale as to the miles on the parts. IMO 75Sport

If you can admit that you shouldn't have posted these used parts on ebay in the first place you might refund half the poor suckers money. Thats just my opinion from what I read betweeen the lines.

You are good.
As is means as is.
If you have any doubts call ebay and they will tell you the same.

Later,
Bruce B.

Ebay and PP dont care if you have AS IS in your ad. It means nothing to them. Almost always the buyer gets his money back. I went though this before with PP and Ebay. But its been long enough that I wouldnt worry about it.

AS IS, NO RETURNS!!!! If he doesnt like them thats his problem... Some buyers expect MINT/PERFECT used parts, I've never seen either......

If he wants to do anything and it's up to you at this point. He must return all items to your doorstep on his dime for inspection. If he paid with a credit card, they'll make him do that before allowing a chargeback. It will cost at least $40 to return them so I doubt that will happen.

Sounds more like a shakedown to me. $50 for all that stuff is a deal. Do you have the pics when you posted it on ebay?

The parts that I've been listing here lately on ebay has a box you check, "WARRENTY OR NO WARRENTY", if you checked NO WARRENTY, forget about this clown...

Well I sent him a reply telling him that as much as i didn't want to I would refund him 1/2 $25.00 which some of you all may think I've lost it but I have gotten a few questionable deals on Ebay myself, long story short, I didn't have to give him any $$ back as here was his reply: He found someone that would replace the "bad" parts and I was off the hook, now I am wondering if he was trying to scam me, glad I didn't refund him any money. thanks to you all for your replys.
tl

-
Back