Need P# for 8-3/4 vent screw

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need to know the part number for the screw that holds down the brass T for the brakes on an 8-3/4 and doubles as a vent screw...if anybody knows what it is please share...also, wondering if it is a dealer only item

thanks!
Matthew

I always got mine in the junk yard, and tried not to lose them.

I believe the last one I got was off a 9.25.

The late model stuff is a hollow bolt with a nipple, and they run a hose to a small filter with a clip on a cross member.

I always got mine in the junk yard, and tried not to lose them.

I believe the last one I got was off a 9.25.

The late model stuff is a hollow bolt with a nipple, and they run a hose to a small filter with a clip on a cross member.

sweet, so its the same size on the modern stuff as it is on the 8-3/4...may sound goofy, but what did 9-1/4's come in and what years so i know where to look

mshred, if you want a new bolt, i think the only place besides ebay that has them is RT specialties. when i got the bolt for the demon it was 18 bucks, now 23.
http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=4032798
If someone out there knows a cheaper source for new ones let us know.
I tried the auto wrecker and they all seem to brake off almost flush with the rear end. i wanted the one without the need of a hose.

vent bolts.jpg

no c-bodies around me....what year trucks?

70's up

if you want the hose set up, I know my 93 and 98 Dakota's have that, a R/T would have a 9.25.

and yes they like to break off, a MAP torch, and some WD40 would be wise to have.

I'll look at my 2500 and see if the Dana's on it have one that will work

The Mopar part number for the manual transmission and axle vent should be 2124715 and was available from Mopar in 2006 when I purchased one from the dealer.
Give them a try

The Mopar part number for the manual transmission and axle vent should be 2124715 and was available from Mopar in 2006 when I purchased one from the dealer.
Give them a try

why does it have to be manual transmission? or are you saying that the vent for the stick and the diff are the same

There the same vents.

2124715 supercedes to 4032798 at the Dealer or get one from Jack's Auto Parts for $5.95 (Part number JH63)

Good luck with the vent
Al

There the same vents.

2124715 supercedes to 4032798 at the Dealer or get one from Jack's Auto Parts for $5.95 (Part number JH63)

Good luck with the vent
Al

sweet man! thank you! i will try those numbers

-
Back