Need Pictures - 69 383 Engine Dress Out

-

ABCuda

Reaction score
Have two 69 BB Cars I am just about ready to paint. One, a FB (F3 Green/Black Standard Interior/Auto) is mostly original but alot of the engine had been torn down before I recovered the car. The other is a convertible and it is totally stripped and just waiting for paint.

If anyone has a few pictures of a fully dressed 383 motor that shows where all the wire looms go, heat shields for the spark plug wires, and exhaust bolt layout to ensure I get the spirit of how it actually came from the factory. (preferrably if the engine was dressed out on an engine stand that would be very helpful.

Both cars are numbers matching and neither has been on the road since 1975 so an unvieling in the next year is quite possible. Sure would be nice if I had half the talent of all the restorations everyone is doing here. Guess members would not post threads that show bad work, right???

Anyway, if anyone has any pictures I could use as a guide that would be nice. PM me and I will send you my email so I can hopefully drill in close enough to make out the details.

BTW, the FB is running and purrs like a kitten. Car had been left in the original owners back yard after being mildly wrecked in 1973. Body is now straight (Formula S) Nothing exciting, build sheet, peg leg car, but will be a change from all the small blocks I owned.

Thanks,

AB

-
Back