need radiator ideas

-

mopar_1974

Reaction score
swapping from slant six to 360 and need a better radiator. Looking for the cheapest aluminum radiator that i will be happy with. i've seen some people on here have used summits universal radiators. What brand/size do you guys reccommend? need something that is going to be an easy swap

i found one in jegs that`s used on mustangs, but i have a bblk. i had to cut some of the sheet metal down by the frame rail and bend it so it would let the rad.drop in and watch what side your in and out is on the rad. to match the pump. hope this helps ya

Eric,
I am currently doing a 360 Magnum swap ('65 Dart). I purchased an AFCO 24" crossflow aluminum radiator from Mancini's, and am using a flex-a-lite extreme 180 electric fan. The fan covers the core area of the radiator almost perfectly. I had to notch out two corners of the fan shroud to clear the hose connections. I fabricated fan mounting tabs out of aluminum, and welded these onto the radiator mounting surfaces. Aluminum spacers round out the fan installation. I will mount the radiator (if clearance permits) using four rubber vibration absorbers available from McMaster-Carr, with additional rubber support on the bottom. Aluminum tends to work-harden and crack when subjected to long term flexing or vibration, so I let the rubber do the flexing. Anyway, the radiator looks to be of very good quality, and should be more than capable of cooling the engine even under severe conditions. I would recommend that a screen be used to protect the radiator core. Total cost of this package is reasonable, given the price of any decent aftermarket radiator or "custom fit" aluminum radiators. Good Luck
KenAbody

-
Back