Need recomendation for IP or wireless night vision security camera(system)

-

"Dart67"

Reaction score
As the title says, I need some help on finding a good camera that will operate at least 500 to 600 feet back to the house.

We have been having problems with prowlers after dark here for the last couple of weeks.

A few nights ago someone tapped on the window and then would not respond when I went to the door.
After a couple of times trying to get an answer, I fired a couple of warning rounds from my 40 into the air.

Our home is 850 feet from the road with no line of site to the road.

I have a solar powered driveway alarm in mind to purchase.

I would also like to put at least a four camera system in place.

Thanks for any help,

Herb

So what was the estimate to repair the holes in the roof from the warning shots?

Cameras can be very tricky. You either need a very good light source or a camera that operate in IR for night use. Then you have to consider if you're trying to capture things like vehicle license plates or facial images (different cameras). What I'm trying to say is you really need to contact a professional and get a laid out plan of coverage for your needs. It is one of those things that paying a little more for makes the best sense. Getting advise from just anybody is not in your best interest in this case. Price is going to be a big driving factor also. I used mammoth technologies and have a system that I can remote view on my phone and can PTZ my main entrance camera from my phone. It will also send me alert messages. I have no monitoring fees and I'm not required an alarm company if I didn't want one. But piece of mind counts there for me. My initial cost was a hoop. But I have a system that will even operate if someone was to cut power service to the neighborhood. The last guy that wanted to requisition my items to support his drug habit at my expense got to view the operating end of a ... and recieved 4yrs up state. Or you can go the other way and just buy a couple game tracker cameras and mount in different places.

First thought would be motion sensors with lights to brighten up around the house at least 25 ft. Second I would never open a door, weapon or not in a dark area and expose myself to who knows what. Not a criticism, just a suggestion.

First thought would be motion sensors with lights to brighten up around the house at least 25 ft. Second I would never open a door, weapon or not in a dark area and expose myself to who knows what. Not a criticism, just a suggestion.

We have motion sensor lights all around the house and shop.

Unfortunately, a bad windstorm a few days earlier knocked the sensor on the one light that counted out of wack and it did not work.

As for stepping out in the dark, I had all the lights on by then.

I do not take your comments as criticism. Thanks foe the concern.

That's scary with sombody prowling around!

It is when you live as far out in the hills as we do.

It took the sheriff's deputies over an hour to get here.

By that time there was no sign of anything.

My neighbor heard me shoot and then the call on his scanner. He came over and told us that right after my first shot, he heard a vehicle start up about half way down our lane and leave.

-
Back