need seatbelt for 72 Dart Demon

-

72DartDemon

Reaction score
I have a 72' Dart Demon :snakeman: that has a non-retractable shoulder harness (Driver and Passenger) that cannot be used because the lap belts are not original. They are totally seperate from each other and the hook, to clip the shoulder harness on the buckle is not there. I guess the shoulder strap was an option for this year. Does anyone have a good website or any idea where I can find the correct lap belt system that will allow the use of the shoulder strap.

Every one I've ever seen had the standard mounted to the roof rail with retainer clips and a second latch assembly for each seat mounted to the floor.

That is how mine is mounted, I need to locate the latch that mounts to the floor. Otherwise the shoulder strap cannot be used. Thanks.

Maybe this website will help. I purchased the same seat belts Paddock and JC Whitney sell for my 1964 Dodge Dart GT. I am sure yours are different. Their prices are the best around. http://corvairseatbelts.com/ I am sure you may find something.

Here's the factory set. The lower belt adjusts via inertia reel. The upper belt uses a pinch roller at the buckle.

DSCN2209s.JPG

DSCN2210s.JPG

DSCN2211s.JPG

-
Back