Need some 66-Valiant gasser advise and ideas...

-

greenhornet

Reaction score
Here's a quick break down>>> 66-Valiant, A-100 straight axle, 383, baby blue (will be adding some funky 60's air brushed type graphics), blue tinted windows, my main goal is a street/strip ERA correct gasser.. I've already named it, "TRI-COUNTY SHAKER" (that will be in gold leaf, gothic-german type lettering)... Here's where I'm stuck--- go with a factory mopar style hood scoop (max-wedge, hemi b-body or hemi cuda/dart)? or a tunnel ram with 2-4's? Which would be the more ERA correct on a 66 Valiant gasser?? Also, running a straight axle will the car handle better with the leaf spring shackles mounted in the front or rear?? Thanks for any input...

Hummmmm------- I think I'd go with the tunnel ram and 2-4's greenhornet.... As for the straight axle, I'd mount the shackles in the front if you're using the stock A-100 leaf springs....

Just buy my car LOL.......My plan in true gasser theme was no hood I was gonna slice the hood just in front of the rad support and welding it to the fenders to complete the nose....And PLEASE NO AIR BRUSH ANYTHING ON A GASSER! Gold leaf is awesome!

You have an awesome valiant gasser project.. I checked out the pics you have on the board... I've collected gasser parts for years planning on a straight axle project someday, that day has come.. I've got my A-100 axle, almost have my rear end ready to finish and weld perches on, I had a pair of the hemi cuda/dart bucket seats and my moron cousin hauled them off... When I said air brush I meant the fade body line treetment like the malco gasser mustang had..

-
Back