NEED SOME A518 SONNAX PARTS....

-

BOSS VEGA V8

Senior Citizen
Reaction score
HEY I TALKED TO ADAM TODAY, AND I NEED SOME PARTS FOR A 518 IN A 94 GRAND CHEROKEE...I NEED THE TV VALVE AND SLEVE KIT (HIGH 2-3 SHIFT) AND THE SERVO SHIM KIT......I ALSO HAVE A 97 GRAND CHEROKEE WITH I BELIEVE A 44RE? (ITS A 318 MAGNUM)AND NEED SOME PARTS TO MAKE THE TRANY LAST5 LONGER SHIFT BETER WITH ME TOWING MY CAR TRAILER.. THANKS RORY

BOSS VEGA V8 said:
HEY I TALKED TO ADAM TODAY, AND I NEED SOME PARTS FOR A 518 IN A 94 GRAND CHEROKEE...I NEED THE TV VALVE AND SLEVE KIT (HIGH 2-3 SHIFT) AND THE SERVO SHIM KIT......I ALSO HAVE A 97 GRAND CHEROKEE WITH I BELIEVE A 44RE? (ITS A 318 MAGNUM)AND NEED SOME PARTS TO MAKE THE TRANY LAST5 LONGER SHIFT BETER WITH ME TOWING MY CAR TRAILER.. THANKS RORY

Hi Rory,

For your 94 grand cherokee - Throttle valve kit with sleeve and spring shims:
Sonnax PN = 22771-01K
Your cost $38.56 + S&H

On your 97, about how much weight are you pulling with that? :scratch:

The best way to fix all of the "inherent" flaws would be to get the complete "Sure Cure" kit. Your cost $179.41 + S&H.
The kit includes the following:
- Revised Pressure reg valve to fill converter in park
- Revised Line pressure plug &sleeve kit
- Revised Manual valve
- Revised four spooled TCC switch valve
And some other misc reassembly parts

Hope this helps! :salut:

Since were on the subject, rory has talked me in to picking up a 94 Cherokee for my wife also. (It just so happends I can tow with it !)

Any mods that should be made to keep the tranny alive ? I think it had a factory trans cooler in it.

AdamR said:
Since were on the subject, rory has talked me in to picking up a 94 Cherokee for my wife also. (It just so happends I can tow with it !)

Any mods that should be made to keep the tranny alive ? I think it had a factory trans cooler in it.

Hey Adam ... I am wondering how much weight you guys are looking to pull though, those Grand Cherokee's aren't rated to pull much. :shock:

You're in the same boat as Rory with that vehicle as far as recommendations/fixes on the 42RH/RE-47RH/RE transmissions. :salut:

The best way to fix all of the "inherent" flaws would be to get the complete "Sure Cure" kit. Your cost $179.41 + S&H.
The kit includes the following:
- Revised Pressure reg valve to fill converter in park
- Revised Line pressure plug &sleeve kit
- Revised Manual valve
- Revised four spooled TCC switch valve
And some other misc reassembly parts

MY 97 with the 318 and dana 44 axle with 3:73 gears and tow package (class IV) are rated to tow 6500 lbs . my car is about 2700 lbs and my traler only weighs 900 lbs........

-
Back