need some advice and help here

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am looking to whiten up the white letters on my tires. I have heard of using a tire stick, tire paint and also bleaching them. have anyone done this and what do you suggest for the best results. I have a pic of one of the tires I am looking to do.

Attachments

• DSC04406.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 247
No clue-- your letters look great now-- maybe make the tire darker to contrast more? Lawrence

They made a product at one time and I think it was called bleach white. I used to use it for whitewalls. Worked pretty good. I wouldn't go crazy on them though as the white can actually run/rub off.

Westleys bleach white, I think walmart or kmart still sell it, I have 2 bottles here. Doesnt hurt to use a brillow pad with it while scrubbing or a good tire brush.

Prisoners learn that toothpaste can ckean tennis shoes canvas and rubber to snow white.
Minty fresh tires anyone ? LOL

I have used steel wool lightly to brighten up white letters. Looks good for a couple of weeks usually.
You have the exact same Am racing centerline rims I have. I contacted, A.R. the centercaps are no longer made! Mine are plastic, with a cheap coating that is peeling off badly. I guess I will attempt to paint them with chrome spray paint.

They made a product at one time and I think it was called bleach white.

Westleys bleach white, I think walmart or kmart still sell it, I have 2 bottles here. Doesnt hurt to use a brillow pad with it while scrubbing or a good tire brush.

They look good already, but I've used the Westley's for 20+ yrs. with a household scrub brush and it's is as good as I've found. I have 2 bottles on the shelf also as we speak. I use it on blackwalls also to get the brake dust and discoloration off before ArmorAll..ing.

Dad always had Wesley's to clean whitewalls. Worked great! I just looked it up and it is under the name Black Magic Bleche Wite. It did say it is not nice to finish, so certainly don't want it on your paint or even clear coated wheels.

I don't see anything wrong with your tires , they look great ! That being said Westley's Bleche-White will whiten your whites , however as stated your whites can rub off, also do not spray it on your rims or paint as it will ruin the finish on these items.

thanks guys. I will use Wesleys. this tire is one of the better ones. the front is the worse ones. just want to tweek them before the car show next month.

Wesleys is not what it use to be, I use Castrol super clean it will eat the skin off your hands. And a brass Tire brush. You can also block sand your white letters to get the top coat off with 320 grit paper.

Westleys bleach white is the way to go.. just used it on jamies dart the other day. spray it on, let it sit for a few minutes then use a scrub brush on the letters.. they will come up nice and clean.. although your tire looks damn good already..

I have used steel wool lightly to brighten up white letters. Looks good for a couple of weeks usually.
You have the exact same Am racing centerline rims I have. I contacted, A.R. the centercaps are no longer made! Mine are plastic, with a cheap coating that is peeling off badly. I guess I will attempt to paint them with chrome spray paint.
i don't like steel wool and this is why,i repair fork lifts ,one my accounts makes steel wool and sos pads,one the managers there is car guy and i met up at cruise night with him.after seeing my car ,he said your useing steel wool on your white walls ,i can tell because of the yellowing of the tire.i said cant seem to keep them clean.he said the fibers from steel wool stick to the white rubber and then it rust, causeing the yellowing. just thought this is good info. to pass on

I am looking to whiten up the white letters on my tires. I have heard of using a tire stick, tire paint and also bleaching them. have anyone done this and what do you suggest for the best results. I have a pic of one of the tires I am looking to do.

Comet or Ajax cleanser and a small bristle brush. Rinse thoroughly when done.

When I had raised letters on mine I also used the Wesley's and then I had a white letter stick I used as well, I am now lazy and I don't want to mess with that so the raised letters are now on the inside and I used black tire paint on the letters cause seeing letters on the inside doesn't look good to me.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Bulldog-White-Tire-Marker/dp/B004FEJLBG?tag=5336108632-20"]Bulldog White Tire Marker - Amazon.com[/ame]

61UQm2csMKL._SL1200_.jpg

well, turning the letters in is not an option for me. it would not look good at a judged car show. but thanks. I will try some of these suggestions and see what works the best. thanks guys.

A stiff nylon scrub brush and the left over car wash soap water has always worked just fine for me...

-
Back