need some advie

-

Jon Melhuish

74Duster
Reaction score
Looking at new tires and rims for my duster. (400hp , 3:55 ..........with the focus on handling on some winding country roads as well as looks.
If anyone has an opinion that would be great......pictures would be helpfull too.

Thanks

we might need some more info. under your name it says 74 duster, is this what your looking at getting rims and tires for? are you on stock springs? offset shackles? relocated shackles? a body rear? shortened rear? mini tubbed? any of this would help alot.

If on a Duster personally I would go with 15x7 Rallye rims with 255/60 15's on the rear and 235/60 15's on the front.

I like the look of a slightly wider tire in the back . I am really looking to improve handling on winding country roads.

15x7, 4¼" backspace, 235/60-15 all around. Going to a larger rear tire may give you a look you like better, but it will promote understeer.
For wheels on the Mopar rack, look at Rallye or cop car wheels in steel. If you have to have Mopar alloys, look for a set off an old Mirada.

For more canyon carving capability, check into front and rear anti-roll bars. Helps keep body level and rubber planted.

Here's a pic of 205/70-14's on the front and 255/60-15's on the rear.

000_0094 (2).jpg

-
Back