need some carter avs questons answerd

-

chubsgts

Reaction score
so i got my carb back from rebuild finally got to fire car quick trip around block was adjusting the idel speed and when i finally got it where i like it normal idel not low loppy just a safe 700 800 ideal i noticed that bowl vent was open.
is this normal because at this point the car was off and i messed with it a few more turns or 1/4 turns and the vent closed witch way should this be when the car is running and at a idel

Attachments

• dart 336.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 130
im sure there is a spec but just in general i was thinking that it should not be open 1/8th or more or any at all
i figured it should be closed at all times inless activated by the linkage to open

All I know is that I set mine as per the instructions and it works fine. I figured it was there for a reason so I'm not going to re-design it's function.

But I could be wrong.

The adjustments for this carb are covered right in your shop manual

Probably (you didn't say what you are working on) the 69/ 70 manuals on this page

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=132309&highlight=manual,+download

In the 69 Dodge service manual, it's in the vicinity of page 14-41 to 14-43

de0img.jpg

2j674nr.jpg

281u4h1.jpg

Yes, there is a spec., but it's not critical, like float levels, etc. As long as it opens a bit at idle (~1/8"), it'll work fine.

I'm not really sure why it's there...there are bowl vents cast into the air horn anyway.

Attachments

• CarterAVS.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 94
-
Back