Need some gasket help

-

pha pha

Reaction score
Merry Christmas all,

I had just purchased a super six setup for my 66 valiant. Not sure what year the super six setup came off of. I am having a difficult time finding gaskets, intake and exhaust. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Any Napa auto parts or there is a member here that can sell you one.
It should not be difficult finding these gaskets :happy10: any auto parts store should have what you need or order you what you need 8)

Here is a thread that I started and you can see where I am.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=83520

No, I have not. But I read an step by step on the Slantsix web site.
Any tips?

And Thanks for all the other FABO members with their suggestions.

This site is the best.

Hello,
If you ca'nt find what you are looking for locally,these guys ship to the US,and make an excellent product.
http://www.gprsmopars.com/shopping/start.php?browse=1&cat=6&=SID

regards,Rod:-D

That is the gasket I was told to use and it is much easier and a better seal then the FEL-PRO gasket

I got the Hemi 6 Hi Temp Graphite Inlet / Exhaust Gasket that the /6es here in America fits and does the best job :happy10:

There is a picture in the thread I posted in his post supplied by 66aCUDA

Swell, I am feeling a little better now. I hope to break it down this weekend. It might warm up in the garage.

Memike, how does Victoria run with the super six compared to the single barrel setup?

Shoot blaster a "penetrating oil"on every stud on the intake and exhaust and clean threads 8) a must I am sure you may know :cheers:
Do not brake a stud off, Gently use a 1/4 inch ratchet and extension.
And I would start buy taking a picture of how the washers are located and put back on the same way or take note's
I have never dun one "till now"and I got allot of help here locating them back the way they go, I did not take note's 8)

Swell, I am feeling a little better now. I hope to break it down this weekend. It might warm up in the garage.

Memike, how does Victoria run with the super six compared to the single barrel setup?

I went to the little 390 Holley 4 Barrel, For the wow look "the wife spoiled me" :love7:
You will be shocked how much more power you will get stepping up to the super six :cheers: Go to the last page and work your way backwards of this thread and you can see how fare I have gotten
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=41794

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 032.jpg

Just called my local Napa and they have it in stock. Can't wait to break it down and paint the engine. Actually I am lazy as can be, so it will be quite an effort because its cold out there. The heater I have really sucks.

But thanks again. I hope all of FABO land enjoys this wonderful time of year.
I will send some pix of the breakdown, paint and re-assembly. I am also re-doing the front seat. I purchased a split bench with an armrest from a FABO member, davescuda. I am having it blasted, painted and re-covered. Should be done soon. I want to remove the carpet, but I am scared the I might find some rot on the floor. Also I have to run speaker wire for the stereo. Too much to do. No heat.

There will be some other things you will need to do I think to your throttle linkage But all you have to do is ask, there is allot of good info here.
I am not a tec compared to the thousands we have here.

Just called my local Napa and they have it in stock. Can't wait to break it down and paint the engine. Actually I am lazy as can be, so it will be quite an effort because its cold out there. The heater I have really sucks.

But thanks again. I hope all of FABO land enjoys this wonderful time of year.
I will send some pix of the breakdown, paint and re-assembly. I am also re-doing the front seat. I purchased a split bench with an armrest from a FABO member, davescuda. I am having it blasted, painted and re-covered. Should be done soon. I want to remove the carpet, but I am scared the I might find some rot on the floor. Also I have to run speaker wire for the stereo. Too much to do. No heat.

Remember the most important thing ENJOY and be safe spending time with you 66 Valiant :cheers:

I went to the little 390 Holley 4 Barrel, For the wow look "the wife spoiled me" :love7:
You will be shocked how much more power you will get stepping up to the super six :cheers: Go to the last page and work your way backwards of this thread and you can see how fare I have gotten
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=41794

Great post, I was reading in November. I think thats what inspired me to do this.:cheers:

I just seen you great 66 convertible =P~=P~=P~

I hope you don't mind :happy10: This is a nize =P~ 66 vert :cheers:

vbpgimage.jpg

No problem, That picture was the day after I bought her, in August 08. She had a redo in 06. They replaced the fenders and both rear quarters and put a thin paint job on her. The paint in chipping here and there. It will need a new paint job this year or maybe next with a clear coat on top of that.

-
Back