Need some help ordering brakes

-

olddog12

Reaction score
I need to order some parts from NAPA for my 74 Scamp. Why NAPA you ask, well my friend who runs the store told me if I install his kitchen counter tops then my entire brake system will be free....so. He has already provided me with the MC & rotors for the front. (changed it to disc front)

The rear is an 8 3/4 sbp which I want to keep as I have adapters to change it to the bbp. So drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, hardware, flex line & emergency brake. I have the OE backing plates so dont need those. What specific car am I looking for to get these items? Im thinking 70-72 duster but not 100% sure.

The front I changed it to the later disc brakes and already have the rotors but I need calibers, pads & flex lines. Again what car would this be off of? Im thinking 76 duster but not 100% sure.

Am I correct in the year cars for these parts? I did notice the drums may be an issue to get if that is the correct year for the rear end.
I did some googling & searched on here quite a bit but when you arent exactly sure what you have in front of you its hard to tell if what you are reading is on topic.

first - using adapters on the sbp rear is not a great move - you should seriously consider new axles with the bbp and green bearings - then "parts up" for it - you'll be glad you did later, as you have already realized, getting those sbp drums is an issue and it probably won't stop there. The front swap you did was simply from drum to disk correct? As the car is a 74 I would think you can order pieces for 74 disk brake car and be good to go..

I understand the adapter issue and I kinda agree with you but for as little as this will be driven and the costs to change axles, for my buck at this time in life, this is the better solution.
All the steering linkage has been swapped from the doner car as well I might add. Ok so calibers, pads, lines from a 74 up car...check!
And all the rear parts for a 70-72 car.

Seems simple. lol
Thanks guys!

-
Back