Need Some Input

-
You are doing the right thing. If he gets away with it he will just screw the next guy worse. He had to know with bent and busted parts what he was selling you.

Call him and ask if he ran engine, but do it before you tell him its ****. Perhaps record call if thats legal in CA.

Good news guys! So I took the block down to the salvage yard this morning and met with the owner. Owner was surprisingly really cool about my situation and refunded me $300 bucks! I totally expect the opposite to happen. Thanks to you guys for your advice. So after working 12 hour NOC shift i drove an hour home and took the block to my machinist and got an estimate on the block $250 bucks to hot tank, mic everything, clean pistons & rods, replace bearings, hone cylinders, balance crank, and remove and replace freeze plugs. The guy at the machine shop said that everything looked really good other than the obvious. He insisted that the cylinders did not need to be bored and that he would try to save the cam which had some contact marks on one of the lobes from the mess in the top end. Soon as I have more information I will post. Got the day off tomorrow so plan to inspect rear axle ratio and remove gas tank for cleaning. Thanks again guys for all the encouragement.

The cam is not a big deal, you will probably want to at least get our stage I as the stock one is only about .410 lift. We can have your old cam reground to .454" lift with a bit more duration so it will have lots of torque. PM me if you need timing set, push rods gaskets etc. Super deals for my FABO friends

Thanks magnummopar definitely gonna need some stuff. Once I get the block back probably gonna need a lot of stuff.

Got a call yesterday from the machine shop and got some good news. Guy was able to save the pistons just needs to be re-ringed. Cam unfortunately turned out to be junk but from what it sounds like need to go to a different cam anyways. Guy said that the pistons had so much carbon build up the hot tank didn't cut it so ultrasonic tank is next. Worked on the car yesterday got the front brakes taken off I have the Kelsey Hayes discs but am going to upgrade to mustang rotors for the 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Gonna pull the old gas tank as well its got some dents in it just gonna order a new one. Gonna put the 5x4 two piece rotors up on the board for sale and I got a set of 5x4 cragar wheels as well if anyone is interested.

Just got the tank for our 65 ready to install today with mini harness prepped and ready for lines. This is the set up you want to get for fuel system. We are going to be offering pre made harness for tank soon, along with pig tail to tie into harness.

tankassembly.jpg

Cam unfortunately turned out to be junk but from what it sounds like need to go to a different cam anyways.

GOOD!
I would have hated to see you go through all that and put the OE cam back in.
You'll be so glad you didn't have a choice. :D

I think those are old listings of MP crate engines, now extinct, they are the stock photos from the MP catalog from 15 years ago. Intake is not available nor most other parts on the build list. Great prices, eh? I could build 408 500hp for the price of their 300 hp 360....

-
Back