Need Some Things For My 67 Dart!

-

fredsmedina

6 Dart 7 MOPAR OR NOCAR
Reaction score
first off i'm new to FABO. so thanks for any help!!
i have a 67 dart. oringinally when i bought it, i though that all i'd need to do is rebuild the front end and then i'd have a great daily driver. same day that i bought it, tranny went out, destroying the rear end as well. so now i've not a brand new TCI 727 and a new 8 3/4 re3ar end with suregrip 3.23 gears. i cant wait to get my car going!

a few things i need still for the dart are and instument cluster, gas tank, and possibly a set of big bolt wheels.

if you have an instrument cluster for sale that'd fit my 67 dart(270 model), i'd be interested! i am clueless on the interchangeability of these instument panels, so if you could help me out that'd be great.

the idiots who owned the dart before me put in a gas tank from a 1970 or early 71 dart duster or demon, so now i'm going to have to buy a new fuel tank. and i will be selling my old tank. its all painted black with fresh undercoat. let me know if you might be interested in picking that up. i'm near sacramento CA. also, does anyone know of the best place to buy an OEM replacement tank?

if you happen to be selling some big bolt pattern wheels, let me know! i like the look of centerline pizza cutters, or anything else. currently i have a set of 4 small bolt pattern wheels(in the picture below) that i will get rid of if i find some big bolt wheels that i like.

if you can help in any way let me know! give me the condition, pictures if possible, shipping cost to 95758 elk grove ca, and a price. thanks!

3k13pb3laZZZZZZZZZ9677192a2a0a5b21f8a.jpg

cid_4076ADAB-82E5-4762-A95F-688CD88E6633.jpg

You might want to do an internet search for fuel/gas tanks. I did it this morning. Seems to be lots of places offering them, new and used. Try parts being sold in the forum. For the life of me, I don't understand how they got a 70/71 tank in. 1967 only fits 1967, I think Dart and Valant.

Dave

first off i'm new to FABO. so thanks for any help!!
i have a 67 dart. oringinally when i bought it, i though that all i'd need to do is rebuild the front end and then i'd have a great daily driver. same day that i bought it, tranny went out, destroying the rear end as well. so now i've not a brand new TCI 727 and a new 8 3/4 re3ar end with suregrip 3.23 gears. i cant wait to get my car going!

a few things i need still for the dart are and instument cluster, gas tank, and possibly a set of big bolt wheels.

if you have an instrument cluster for sale that'd fit my 67 dart(270 model), i'd be interested! i am clueless on the interchangeability of these instument panels, so if you could help me out that'd be great.

the idiots who owned the dart before me put in a gas tank from a 1970 or early 71 dart duster or demon, so now i'm going to have to buy a new fuel tank. and i will be selling my old tank. its all painted black with fresh undercoat. let me know if you might be interested in picking that up. i'm near sacramento CA. also, does anyone know of the best place to buy an OEM replacement tank?

if you happen to be selling some big bolt pattern wheels, let me know! i like the look of centerline pizza cutters, or anything else. currently i have a set of 4 small bolt pattern wheels(in the picture below) that i will get rid of if i find some big bolt wheels that i like.

if you can help in any way let me know! give me the condition, pictures if possible, shipping cost to 95758 elk grove ca, and a price. thanks!

Sent you a PM @ cluster!!8)

Welcome to the forum.
I've always liked the turbine wheels but they are nearly imposible to clean. The strap configuration is the difference in the tanks. 67 had only one running left to right. If someone went to the trouble to install a tank with 2 straps running front to rear I'd just leave it. It's safer in a colision anyway.

You might want to do an internet search for fuel/gas tanks. I did it this morning. Seems to be lots of places offering them, new and used. Try parts being sold in the forum. For the life of me, I don't understand how they got a 70/71 tank in. 1967 only fits 1967, I think Dart and Valant.

Dave
i dont get it either. there was alot of slack in the strap. so i'll be selling the freshly painted tank for a 70 to early 71 a body.
and probably end up getting my new one from summmit.

Welcome to the forum.
I've always liked the turbine wheels but they are nearly imposible to clean. The strap configuration is the difference in the tanks. 67 had only one running left to right. If someone went to the trouble to install a tank with 2 straps running front to rear I'd just leave it. It's safer in a colision anyway.
the problem is that the idiots still left the single strap running from left to right. so the gas tank wasn't anywhere near secured in the car!!

i've definitely come across some odd stuff that the provious owners did.

i like the look of the turbine wheels as well though! i didn't know thats what they were called. but since i swapped out my SBP rear end for the BBP 8.75 rear, i cant use the turbines. i now have weel adapters though from SBP to BBP for the fronts. so i'm ready to throw on a set of big bolt wheels..

Few things that I need now are the D-O-D-G-E emblems for the hood.

Passenger side headlight bezel.

windshield trim from a 68 dart.

I now have wheels, an instrument cluster, and gas tank..so no need for any of that stuff, just figured i'd keep going on this thread with the parts that I need. thanks

-
Back