[WANTED] Need stock 318 flywheel for 70 dart

-

branded209

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
hey guys I need a stock 318 flywheel to get my dart back on the road. I'm located in stockton ca. Anyone have one I can throw in my car? let me know what you're asking for it. it's a normal 318/ a833 combination. I thought I had one bit it's to big, looks like it's for a truck.

Still haven't had any luck finding a flywheel if anyone knows of one or has a buddy please reach out my cars been sitting for months now

Is the correct flywheel for this application a 130T ring gear type ? I checked the Brewers listings but seemed to indicate 122T and that did not sound right to me. Thinking and knowing are two different things.

Is the correct flywheel for this application a 130T ring gear type ? I checked the Brewers listings but seemed to indicate 122T and that did not sound right to me. Thinking and knowing are two different things.
122T is for early V8 in the narrow body cars with the small bellhousing (and slant six, different bolt pattern tho).

130T is for all the other V8 apps with the caveat: they are available as neutral/external balance and 6/8 bolt flange (this is greatly simplifying things, but you get the gist of it)

flywheels are available from summit, jegs, amazon, brewers, mancini, etx

LUK part number LFW215 should fit the bill nicely. It's a whopping $64 on RockAuto brand new. LUK only has it listed for 318 pickups for some reason, but their cataloguing is notoriously bad. It's a 130-tooth 'wheel, same as a car, and there's nothing different about a truck 318 (2WD bellhousing, starter, clutch, and throwout bearing are all the same). Don't know that I'd use it with slicks and Cal-Tracs, but for a driver? Hell yes.
Using the old Direct Connection diagrams, a machine shop can "unbalance" it for 360 and external-balance 340, 383 (1971 cast crank), 400, and 440 applications. I had one done for a 360. It cost more than the flywheel!

LUK part number LFW215 should fit the bill nicely. It's a whopping $64 on RockAuto brand new. LUK only has it listed for 318 pickups for some reason, but their cataloguing is notoriously bad. It's a 130-tooth 'wheel, same as a car, and there's nothing different about a truck 318 (2WD bellhousing, starter, clutch, and throwout bearing are all the same). Don't know that I'd use it with slicks and Cal-Tracs, but for a driver? Hell yes.
Using the old Direct Connection diagrams, a machine shop can "unbalance" it for 360 and external-balance 340, 383 (1971 cast crank), 400, and 440 applications. I had one done for a 360. It cost more than the flywheel!
the truck flywheel are wider aren't they?

gentlemen I apologize I just got out of the hospital, I wasn't trying to ignore anyone. Had a major motorcycle accident, lady cut me off I had a thoroughfare she had a stop sign and she just came right out in front of me, I dodged into the lane beside me to get away and well she cut me off again. I hit the side of her suv and got tossed like a shop rag. left arm snapped in half, wrist shattered, thumb broken. hip fractured, right knee was replaced, right leg broken, ankle and foot. left ankle and the long bone that goes to my pinky toe. ‍

gentlemen I apologize I just got out of the hospital, I wasn't trying to ignore anyone. Had a major motorcycle accident, lady cut me off I had a thoroughfare she had a stop sign and she just came right out in front of me, I dodged into the lane beside me to get away and well she cut me off again. I hit the side of her suv and got tossed like a shop rag. left arm snapped in half, wrist shattered, thumb broken. hip fractured, right knee was replaced, right leg broken, ankle and foot. left ankle and the long bone that goes to my pinky toe. ‍
Ouch, not fun times.

the truck flywheel are wider aren't they?
No. In D100/150 applications it's the same starter, same clutch, same throwout bearing and same transmission from about 1976-87.

Truck are 11 inch. Heavier for off idle torque during towing and hauling.
D100/150 are 10.95", which use a 130-tooth flywheel (same as '70-'74 B/RB and '70-'71 Hemi).

i thought so my clutch wouldn't fit on the truck one I tried
Which exact model/configuration truck did you have? There are several truck flywheels, including 2WD and 4WD, with 10.5", 10.95", 11", 12", and 14" clutches.

The flywheel on RockAuto is a car flywheel that also happens to fit mid-'70s to late 1980s D100/!50 models.

-
Back