Need Stripe Help Please!

-

v8fish

Reaction score
Painting my barracuda this week and going to paint the side stripe on rather than use tape kit. Can anyone provide the thickness dimeneions for the 3 part upper side stripe on a 69 Barrracuda for me to go by? THe one near the upper body line with a thisck center stripe and 2 thin stripes outlining it they had engine callouts at front fender. Thanks in advance to any help.

This is the stipe Im trying to get measurements for Thanks again.

Attachments

• 69barracuda017[1].jpg
    62 KB · Views: 114
Painting my barracuda this week and going to paint the side stripe on rather than use tape kit. Can anyone provide the thickness dimeneions for the 3 part upper side stripe on a 69 Barrracuda for me to go by? THe one near the upper body line with a thisck center stripe and 2 thin stripes outlining it they had engine callouts at front fender. Thanks in advance to any help.

That's such a bad idea. That stripe runs through 3 panels. If you ever need to adjust a door (hinge replacement for example), or if the fender ever gets moved, you will be screwed.

You better have everything perfectly aligned and together when it's painted.

That's such a bad idea. That stripe runs through 3 panels. If you ever need to adjust a door (hinge replacement for example), or if the fender ever gets moved, you will be screwed.

You better have everything perfectly aligned and together when it's painted.

Agree... seen it before fender gets damaged stripe need repaint try to rematch that. Easy to swap out a decal stripe on the whole side.
But they do look pretty painted under that clear coat. My2c

Thanks for the info/advice but I have already committed to painting them on I just want them to be as correct as possible. Still looking for dimensions if anybody is willing to share.

Attachments

• IMG951854.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 112
-
Back