Need Stroker 416 INFORMATION ASAP

-

1969340dart

Reaction score
I am getting ready to build the stroker,it is a 69 340 block with .030 bore.My question is with Eagle H beam rods is there any clearance problems such as rod area and rod bolt hitting cam shaft internally or camshaft webbing cradles,also how much has to be taken off the bottom of the inside of the block for the 4" stroke crank with H beam rods. Would I be beter off using something other than H beam rods.Someone that has done this or has knowledge please fill me in.Also is there any other block work needed to complete this.I am ready to order the pistons and crank and just need to know what I am getting into before I make the purchase for such $$$ Parts.

Thanks

Bobby

When i built my 410 stroker 360 with.040 overbore i had the block bored and had it line honed, ordered crank,pushrods and pistons.when i got the block back from the shop me and my brother did the clearancing for the eagle H beams, we put the crank in tightened it and took a connecting rod put it in each hole and turned it till it touched,marked where it was hitting with some whiteout,got emm all marked took the crank back out covered up what we needed to and ground off where our marks where took a few hours to do ,didn't have to remove very much at all.

-
Back