Need to find someone to rebuild my power brake booster

-

nearpar

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get my power brake booster rebuilt?

Thank you in advance

Booster Dewey..

Power Brake Booster Exchange, AKA Booster Dewey. Used to be in Portland OR, but they've moved to Lynnwood WA. Never used them personally, but read good things.

You can do it yourself.

Buy the kit and seperate the two halvs and I stall the parts.

The booster is a simple device.

I recently had Harmon rebuild an early A body dual diaphragm. It is beautiful, didn't take any pictures, they plated the booster and all of the brackets, wasn't cheap. It's for the upcoming disc brake swap and the factory cruise control install in my 67 Dart.

Booster Dewey rebuilt my late 60’s booster that I will be installing in my 65 Dart. I’ll post pis later today

Check out Midwest remanufacturing inc
5836w 66th
Bedford park IL 60638
(800)-634-5829
Used to know a guy who works there, part owner I think. Friend of a die hard guy I've known for 40 years.
They also do steering boxes, wiper motors and I think p/w motors.

You can do it yourself.

Buy the kit and seperate the two halvs and I stall the parts.

The booster is a simple device.
I would if I could find a source for the innards (know one?), especially the rubber diaphragm which can harden and crack from gas fumes. Happened to one of mine even though I added a carbon filter in the vacuum source hose. The hardened part was right at the vacuum port. Might have degraded before I added the filter. Midland-Ross boosters are easier to take apart (V-band) than Bendix (crimp collar). I tried to fix one by cutting neoprene rubber for the diaphragm (mostly sheet-metal, sheet rubber just at the periphery), but the rubber cracked. I had 2 M-R boosters that looked similar but varied in the diameter of the inlet piston and matching hole in the base.

-
Back