Need to transport a car.

-

horsehead

Reaction score
Hey everyone.I just bought a 71 duster and cant find a reasonable shipper.The cars in Lewistown pennsylvania and I need it hauled to the Bristol tennessee area.Anyone know a reasonable shipper on the east coast? Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone.I just bought a 71 duster and cant find a reasonable shipper.The cars in Lewistown pennsylvania and I need it hauled to the Bristol tennessee area.Anyone know a reasonable shipper on the east coast? Thanks in advance.

You might try some of your local dealerships. Sometimes if they get a shipment from in the neighborhood of the car's origin, you might could hitch a ride for cheap. I actually had a local dealer here get a car form Tennesse to Georgia and they did it no charge.

if i was going towards penn anytime soon i would bring it for you

Ya know,its nice to have good neighbors. He had a car shipped and recomended AAA transport,I emailed them and they are going to haul the car for $450. I have to say,you guys are just great and I really appreciate your kindness. Yall are truly like band of brothers. When it arrives Ill make sure to post plenty of pictures.Thanks again,Don.

I guess I need to know, what is reasonable?

I have used an online service, www.allproautotransport.com, twice from Chicago to San Diego. Both times, it was excellent service and $700 to $800.

It has been a couple years, but I thought that was a bargain for the distance.

I used mapquest and its right under 400 miles. Its a super nice car for the money. Twin scoops,shark tooth grill,spoiler,hi back bench with divider, 440,fenderwells,dana 60 rear. I feel like a kid again.

Well,after calling AAA transport the estimate jumped from $450 to $600.I hate when that happens. They will pickup within 5 days and 5 or 6 days to deliver. I dont want the car in transport for almost a week. Its a straight shot down 81. Im going to get more quotes from the above posts.Thanks guys. ANTICIPATION IS MAKIN ME WAIT!

I live about 2 hours from Lewistown and may be able to help out somehow in transporting your car. I only have a open car trailer so you know.

John

A day late and a dollar short. I just bought a Genie S-60 manlift in Pa. and the truck needed to find something else to fill the load. That would have worked. Mine came to West Plains, Mo and you were on the way. I have my manlift and it's on the job making money so that's over. Maybe next time. If you still need help call Opal @ de Priest Trucking in Birch tree, Missouri. Directory assistance will have the number. Her trucks run back east then heads back west. Worth a try. You'd need a ramp to load.
Small Block

I live about 2 hours from Lewistown and may be able to help out somehow in transporting your car. I only have a open car trailer so you know.

John
John,that would be great.If you can do it for $600 im in. Like I said I used mapquest and its 380 miles here right down 81. The seller wants it to end,I want the car, but I dont like the runaround I am hearing from shippers.If you can help I would appreciate it. This forum is absolutely tops,primo cars and primo people.

A day late and a dollar short. I just bought a Genie S-60 manlift in Pa. and the truck needed to find something else to fill the load. That would have worked. Mine came to West Plains, Mo and you were on the way. I have my manlift and it's on the job making money so that's over. Maybe next time. If you still need help call Opal @ De Priest Trucking in Birch tree, Missouri. Directory assistance will have the number. 573 area code. Her trucks run back east then heads back west. Worth a try. You'd need a ramp to load.
Small Block
Hahah,a day late and a dollar short sounds like me alright,thanks for the lead. I use to run genies when the economy was rumbling patching tiltwalls. Those days are over.

I'm 1.5 hours from Lewistown and would love to take a ride to Bristol and get $600 on the other end..but..I just took my car trailer in on Monday to have it blasted, painted and rewired. They said it would take about three weeks. If your still looking tomorrow I can call them and see if they started on it yet or we can look into a U-Haul trailer rental one way. It takes about 8 hours from home here to Roanoke, I may be able to talk the wife into going for a ride next weekend.
Barring that you can try Summit Transportation, you can find them at www.summittransport.com..if that's not correct Google it and you'll find it or I can get you a number tomorrow at work. Their office is in the next town closer to Lewistown which puts them about an hour out. The guys name is Kurt, tell him Dave at Ace Signs sent you. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Dave

-
Back