-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffs73

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I bought a cheap e-body 2 spoke wheel for my duster. I need an a body extension/adaptor. Or maybe an e-body crush can works? Please let me know if you can help me out. Thanks Fabo
:burnout:

Here is one that I have. The one on the right is the one I will sell to you. Notice that it looks different than the one on the left. I do not know what it came off but was told when I bought it years ago that it was for an a-body. It does not have a grounding wire or correct nuts. If anyone can comment on the difference in the pictures please educate me.

Attachments

• IMG_0589.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0590.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 223
Here is one that I have. The one on the right is the one I will sell to you. Notice that it looks different than the one on the left. I do not know what it came off but was told when I bought it years ago that it was for an a-body. It does not have a grounding wire or correct nuts. If anyone can comment on the difference in the pictures please educate me.

Sure you won't sell the left one? I don't know about that right one and can't afford to buy the wrong one....unless someone can help identify it? Thank you 72Dart

If yours is an abody adaptor and not a truck, then all you are missing is these. I just pulled them off my old wheel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 222
If yours is an abody adaptor and not a truck, then all you are missing is these. I just pulled them off my old wheel

They look identical except for the missing part. The two large holes on the topside look like they are different size but I think those are for using a puller. Someone correct me if I am wrong- do not want to mislead anyone.

They look identical except for the missing part. The two large holes on the topside look like they are different size but I think those are for using a puller. Someone correct me if I am wrong- do not want to mislead anyone.

After closer examination I notice that the one on the left has a notch down the side of the splines and the one on the right does not. Does this make a difference and if so which one will fit correctly on a 72 column.

After closer examination I notice that the one on the left has a notch down the side of the splines and the one on the right does not. Does this make a difference and if so which one will fit correctly on a 72 column.

One is for a truck, can't remember which is which but I think the one with notch or "key" in the splines is the correct one for cars.

Would avoid using the e-body crush can, it will bring the steering wheel alot closer to you. I used this type for a little while in my 74 Satellite with my tuff wheel and even in my b-body the wheel was too close to me, sure it's worse in an a-body.

I can't believe nobody is re-popping these adapters yet :banghead:

This is inside my 73 duster wheel. It has the one notch shown in the picture. It should be the same on your car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 220
This is inside my 73 duster wheel. It has the one notch shown in the picture. It should be the same on your car.

That is the same as the one on the left in above picture. I am glad to know what I have but wonder what vehicle does the one on the right fit.

Would avoid using the e-body crush can, it will bring the steering wheel alot closer to you. I used this type for a little while in my 74 Satellite with my tuff wheel and even in my b-body the wheel was too close to me, sure it's worse in an a-body.

Yeah. I can't believe no one has one. Two people have told me they have one. Some body has to have one. It's disappointing that I found a perfect condition e body rallye steering wheel for $20 and I have to pay 100+ to put it on. :wack: it's real hard when your not old enough to have a job.

I bought a cheap e-body 2 spoke wheel for my duster. I need an a body extension/adaptor. Or maybe an e-body crush can works? Please let me know if you can help me out. Thanks Fabo
:burnout:

Have a restored one in black. Thought I had it sold awhile back but......
$95 plus the ride.
New horn switch contact and the nuts included.

One with Notch is for Cars
One without Notch is for Trucks
Car adapter will work on any car column but will only look correctly on a 70 and up column as the collars are physically bigger then 69 and down collars

Keith they are repopping the E Body ones and Classic Industries has them.
So maybe A-Body ones are in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back