• 17 inch steelies

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • mustang wheels

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters
-

dusterbd13

Reaction score
ok, im looking at 17 inch wheel options for my duster. ive narrowed it down to two different kinds, and possibly a third.
1. 17 inch steelies with my dog dishes
2. 17 inch cragar SS wheels
3. late model mustang bulitt wheels (can get a set here in twn for 200 bucks.) will they fit, or is there way toop much backspacing?

i dont want to run spacers or anything, so i'll need to hit the offset dead on the first time. im also looking at 17X8 on all four corners. probably run a 255/55/17 in the rear, and the equivalent of a 225/60/15 in the front, whatever that is.

anyway, i was wondering if you guys could nail down the measurments for me, as well as maybe help me make a decision (possibly with the aid of photoshop). any suggestions on a cheap place to purchase would be great, too.

heres a picture or 4 of the car.
DusterProfile.jpg

Picture1272-1.jpg

Picture1271.jpg

Picture1259.jpg

thanks for the help. im seriously leaning toward the cragars right now.

Michael

1. 17 inch steelies with my dog dishes

can you get 17" steel wheels that the dog dishes will fit? if so where i want them for jamies car.

2. 17 inch cragar SS wheels

would look awesome

3. late model mustang bulitt wheels (can get a set here in twn for 200 bucks.) will they fit, or is there way toop much backspacing?

they will fit in the rear. the rotor hub would have to be cut down and then it still may have too much backspace for the front.

either way i would go 17" though

I would go with the steelies. On a sidenote, I have some of the plain dog dishes in case you prefer their look over the ones with the holes in them.

Wheels are funny. Some will fit a certain duster and not another due to production tolerances. Best bet is to go to a GOOD wheel store and have them use their tool for measuring to see what will fit. It would suck to buy something and not have it fit. Do it right the first time. BTW mu favorite wheels are the Weld Drag Stars. Just might get rid of the Centerlines and go for em!

yeah, ive definately got to measure after the mopars at the rock. and then order the wheels.
anyone with photochop skills that could show me my options? cause that would help. i tried the visualizer at nhewstalgiawheel.com, and it just couldnt give me the picture i was looking for as it was too far off of mine, if you get what i mean.

thanks for all the help and opinions.

Michael

i thought ive seen someone doing 17 inch steelies for our stuff. stockton maybe? anyone know for certain?

michael

I like the steelies (especially if they had the correct dog dishes on them). I am not a big fan of cop car dishes (unless they are on cop car rallyes). Again, I like the steelies with dog dishes but personally would like to see a second color (as in a stripe) on your car. It breaks up the monochromatic look. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do.

i thought ive seen someone doing 17 inch steelies for our stuff. stockton maybe? anyone know for certain?

michael

i called around before i put my mustang wheels on and no one did it.. don't remember if i called stocton or not though.

Man, it looks great just like it is. But wheels are about the easiest thing to change so go nuts. If your going to change it then 17 inch steels with caps would be my vote.

Love the steelies and dog dishes, your car looks great the way it is, but if your gettin bored with them I think the cragars would look pretty hot too!! If ya get wheels show us some pics:cheers:

Get a set of nice polished 5 spoke wheels such as the Coys, 16 inch would be a nice compromise - leaving some sidewall for contrast. Keep the wheels you have now for sure, that way when you get bored with the blingy look, you can go back for a while.

got offered a smokin deal on the cragars today by a small shop in winston salem. if i sell he chrysler soon, ill be getting them. i really dont think 650, including mounting and balancing the tires, valve stems, center caps, and lug nits is too bad of a deal, really.

michael

here ya go guys. just finished up the valiant about 2 weeks ago.. gotta show tomorrow so i need to get the car finished up ..door panels, detail int. and ext. you know the drill.. she's not a 100% show car .. it was painted 10 yrs ago and has mad fisheyes in the paint. but the fact that my having a body shop that is family owned and operated makes it that much easier for me lol.. she'll get a full custom paint come next winter but stayin with the orange.. wheel spacing needs to be changed which ill probably end up selling these for some differen't spacing after the minitub in the back... yall let me know what you guys think..:cheers:

MVC-001S.JPG

MVC-002S.JPG

MVC-003S.JPG

MVC-004S.JPG

MVC-005S.JPG

MVC-006S.JPG

MVC-007S.JPG

MVC-008S.JPG

MVC-009S.JPG

MVC-010S.JPG

Paint or powder coat the wheels to a black.:-k
And keep it like it is.:thumbrig:

Nasty69.... That is one bad *** ride. I love those little Valiants. It looks awesome with those wheels. Are they 17"s?

I Vote for 17" Torque Thrust II's.. (I'm with Goody' ... go to the dark side) not on the list but the grey would look good against the red on that Duster, otherwise go with the Cragar's.

Joe

-
Back