Need windshield wiper help

-

pearljam724

Reaction score
76 Dart. My wipers work, but the linkage fell off the linkage from the passenger side. Making them not operate. Is there supposed to be a C-clip of some sort to keep the linkage attached from the back side ? I believe so, I feel a grove on the other side. If so, what size clip does it need to be ? Thank you

D5E6390C-2510-44ED-BF38-37C5DED57267.jpeg

Last edited:
Best way is to reach under dash with pliers and possibly a socket on back side of linkage. Chrysler part number is 3799089 or Dorman bushings from Auto Zone, advance, etc.
Chrysler brand bushings are better quality. Search eBay for pictures of bushings.

Or Do I have no other choice to use this style clip ? And can those style clips still be found at common automotive stores ? Do you know part number for clip below ?

0F8DC072-226A-4B64-B5CD-EA854D9D8E2E.jpeg

Last edited:
The clip you show in post 3 was used in the late 60's and early 70's. In 1976 the original bushing from the Chrysler assembly plant was 3799089.

The clip you show in post 3 was used in the late 60's and early 70's. In 1976 the original bushing from the Chrysler assembly plant was 3799089.
Thank you. But, is there a clip that holds everything together ? If so, what does it look like ?

No clip used. Install bushing in linkage, then press on to stud. You'll get the idea, if you examine how the linkage attaches to the wiper pivots.

No clip used. Install bushing in linkage, then press on to stud. You'll get the idea, if you examine how the linkage attaches to the wiper pivots.
I fixed the linkage, thank you townsend. Pretty easy fix under dash. New bushing snapped into place easily. Just a little hand lotion for lubrication.

-
Back