NEED YOUR HELP

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
Hey guy, been a long time. I’ve been crazy busy with life. I recently purchased my dads 71 demon. It’s a 451 big block street/strip car. Runs mid 10’s driving to the track. I had a front tire blow out and it destroyed the driver side front fender. I’m having a tough time finding one. Any leads would be appreciated!

779A1775-A10F-407D-B05E-527D50A2A0BE.jpeg

02A7AE2E-A2E8-4B69-8E7E-3E1A914ECDD3.jpeg

04F3C724-5791-4322-8CD6-F46E9867EEA2.jpeg

Yup. Spoke to them directly. Not just out of stock, out of production. They are going to chevy mostly and these had low demand so scrapping the production

A guy local has posted having some sheetmetal for Abody's. I sent him a message. If something transpires, I will PM you.... If for some reason the stars align and he has something, I will help arrange getting it to you....

JW

A guy local has posted having some sheetmetal for Abody's. I sent him a message. If something transpires, I will PM you.... If for some reason the stars align and he has something, I will help arrange getting it to you....that would be awesome. I’d pay you a finders fee for the effort. Much appreciated

JW

Nice Demon. Glad to see you back posting. Did you get the dart all fixed up?

Wow, sorry to hear that. I should have bought a spare set when I had the chance. Of course they have the side you dont need.

Nice Demon. Glad to see you back posting. Did you get the dart all fixed up?
Got dart completely repainted with a ton of mods to engine bay and got it about 75% back together then we bought a house and had to do full renovation on old place then sold it. Starting to get back to the car now

Hey guy, been a long time. I’ve been crazy busy with life. I recently purchased my dads 71 demon. It’s a 451 big block street/strip car. Runs mid 10’s driving to the track. I had a front tire blow out and it destroyed the driver side front fender. I’m having a tough time finding one. Any leads would be appreciated!

View attachment 1715974475

View attachment 1715974476

View attachment 1715974477
SUcks about your tire and fender damage. Post a wanted ad in the Marketplace forums here. That's the way we do it here. Someone will be able to help.

It’s mangled at every attachment point. Ripped bolts outta the valance, ripped wheel lip at fender brace, mangled marker light location. It’s pretty hammered
copy that. so its gonna be a 70-72 drivers front quarter....duster or demon correct? Just so I know what to look out for ...Im up the road from you.

Old! Car saw maybe 100 miles a year. I’m sure fender well headers cooking the tires didn’t help. I don’t blame the tire.

Age is a big factor. I had a "brand new" 16" trailer radial on a spare wheel that was stored inside a trailer or in a garage for about 6-7 years and it looked perfect. When I finally had to use it, the tread peeled like a banana after a couple of thousand miles, It rode on the steel belt for a few miles until I found a place to pull off. Looks like the tread separated from the belts on yours too. I have friends/racers who own a tire store and they change street & trailer tires every 3-4 years regardless of wear.

copy that. so its gonna be a 70-72 drivers front quarter....duster or demon correct? Just so I know what to look out for ...Im up the road from you.

Duster/Demon fenders have different wheel openings and marker light is '70/'71. '72 is different.

70-72 demon or dart will work. Demons used a dart front clip, duster is different. If you go 72 you will need to patch in the correct sidemarker.

I have a rust free, slightly damaged '70 Swinger 340 LF fender. Please PM me. I'm up in Lynnwood. I'm not looking to get rich, just helping a FABO family member out. I can take some photos tomorrow. Paul.

-
Back