Need your opinion...

-

Cheddar Greg

Reaction score
I have someone interested in buying some used parts off of me. I just want to make sure my price is reasonable. He's interested in an edlebrock performer rpm intake, holley 4bbl carb and stock electronic ignition from my 318. I was thinking around $200 for everything. Is this reasonable? Thanks in advance for any input.

I think if you are happy with $200.00 and so is he, then this deal will be a positive transaction for you both. How much more would you feel comfortable asking for that would not kill the deal? I'd hate to see you lose the deal for only slightly more than you're asking, and really bumping it up would probably kill it for sure. Good luck with your transaction, Geof

Geof,

Going to be in Mi. starting on the 18th until the 24th. Broken foot and all.

Jim

Hey Jim, that's good news. Please contact me when you're here. I'd love to meet you and talk a little Mopar. I'd like to see Jimmy too, and maybe do a little pickin' with him. Make sure you call me when you're here. P.M. me for my number before you leave so you have it when you get here. Sorry guys, now back to our regularly scheduled program!!! Geof

Sounds pretty fair to me but.....which model Holley is it? Some of the double pumpers get up into the stratosphere on price, although I doubt yours is like those. If the electronic ignition is a complete, low-mileage setup (not junkyard)......I'd say the buyer is getting a darn good deal @ $200. I'd probably want closer to $300, if as I say, the stuff looks good.

The carb is not a double pumper, and may need a rebuild, not sure on the mileage of the ignition, car runs, so I know the stuff works decent. Thanks again guys for the input.

-
Back