Neighbor kid got bit...

-
And about our dogs getting out...not going to happen. While they are diggers they are not the type of dogs that are digging to get out...they are chasing gophers. Both gates are locked....hmm....they are not jumpers so going over the fence ain't going to happen...so....

Whats the old saying? You go looking for trouble you're likely to find it?

Some people learn by being told. Some people learn by doing. Lotsa fellas out there missing a finger or two, bet they didn't make that mistake twice. You and the parents warned that kid many times. The liability was on him. 10 is a good age to start learning about being responsible for your actions and their consequences.

Besides, whats the point in having dogs if they cozy up to the first person to hop over the fence uninvited? That's just stupid in my opinion.

its a good thing to be aware of state laws and how they interpret/enforce them. to take this discussion further, the burgler situation. .... some states demand you don't shoot them, some ya must shoot them in the home, other states required you just shoot them on YOUR property.

if you talk to the county sherrif, you quickly realize they are aware of the various petty thieces, drug dealers, law breakers... and who gets up and goes to work everyday. don't think one minute if I shoot some a**h*** commiting a crime against me here ON my property, that I do NOT have the right to protect me , mine, and whats mine. unfortuneately some places are not so logical.

Missouri is at this time, considering a new law that eliminates the procedure to carry a concealed weapon. no safety course, no liscence, just stick it in your pocket/whatever. LOL I really doubt it passes but being considered.

Had a neighbor who was a renter of the house across the alley from mine. He was a Texas state trooper. Had a german sheperd wolf mix. They had a 6' tall fence in their back yard. I,d go to weed eatin my back property and this crazy thing would jump at the fence, growl, and bark. Nevermind that i was not doing anything to provoke the dog/wolf whatever it was.

I told him, even though were friends, i'm just letting you know. I carry my firearm anytime i am out on my back property. If your dog makes it over the fence one of these days and comes at me, i'm gonna kill it, then i'm gonna sue you for negligence. So you better make sure that damn thing never clears that fence.

They moved 6 months later.

-
Back