Neutral safety and back up sw in trans

-

Fisher

Old Guy with a Cool car.
Reaction score
Hey guys i need some help here. I am bench testing the NSS sw / BU sw in my 71 duster in the trans on the bench with a continuity tester. There is a full manual valve body in this 727, its a 3 prong sw. I assume that park and neutral are the same location, and just 1-2-3 are now 3-2-1. On the NSS works as it should, on the center pin. I go from center pin to Ground on trans and nothing in park, go to reverse, and i get a beeping, go to neutral and nothing 123 beeping as it should will send a ground up to the sw on the fender.

Back up lights are the outer 2 pins, connect the meter and nothing in park, go to reverse and i get connection, go to neutral nothing, and i get connection between the 2 pins in 1-2-3. Thats not right is it? Is this the wrong sw for the trans, or is something on the new valve body causing the sw to make contact in the forward drive gears? Any body else with a Full manual valve body using th factory wiring for this?

Problem solved. Pulled the pan and then found the stock valve body. The detent that rides the switch is way different. I can run the NSS off the trans, but back up lites will have to be run off a Sw on the shifter.

Thank you for the post. It makes sense that this is a race valve body and the NSS is all that is required.

They probably gave you an early rooster comb

its just a 2 prong detent, looks like the one in the pictures for the single pin switch.

-
Back