[Found!] Neutral Safety Sw. and radio parts NEEDED!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Aloha FABO! Need some parts help. (I'll post in parts wanted too). Just thought it was best to post here for all you early A bodies!

I need a new Neutral Safety switch. Mine is intermittant sometimes. Might just be an adjustment. But I would like to replace a 43 year old switch...its about that time! I saw one on Ebay...but dang! $60 is a lot! Any idea where to get one?

Also, I have the original radio...I want to install it back and put the "new one" onder the dash.
But the PO didn't give me the nuts for the Volume and Frequency adjustment. Anyone have two I can get? I tried locally...no LUCK!

Wanted:
1.) Neutral Safety Switch (1966 Barracuda console automatic 904)
2.) Radio nuts... (Same car)best name I can come up with!

Mahalo and Aloha!

Wanted:

Mahalo and Aloha!

1. Is the NSS you need the little square jobbie that mounts to the shifter bracket?
2. radio nuts - the real thin ones that hold the radio to the dash?

I'll bet if you took the radio to a hardware store, you could get some nuts that will work real cheap. Get enough to put on both sides of the dash, and also get some thin flat washers. That should get you fixed up!

1. Is the NSS you need the little square jobbie that mounts to the shifter bracket?
2. radio nuts - the real thin ones that hold the radio to the dash?

1. No it mounts to the tranny. single pin. Might need to go the way of the three pin. :crybaby:
2. Yes the thin ones are what I need.\\:D/

I tried my local hardware store...no luck took the big *** AM radio with me and you should have seen all the stares I got...carrying that monster thru the store.:knob:

Mahalo Guys!

I tried my local hardware store...no luck took the big *** AM radio with me and you should have seen all the stares I got...carrying that monster thru the store.:knob:
Well that's a bummer. :(

I'm assuming there aren't any old junkyards around for the nuts & washers. Here's another remote chance: are there any old electronics repair shops around that may have fixed radios? They might have an old radio carcass sitting on a back shelf...

As a last resort, here's something that has worked for me in the past:
Drive around and look for an old car rusting away outside someone's house that originally had a shaft-style radio, (or whatever you need) and go knock on the front door. Have whatever tools you might need to get it off in your pockets.
When someone answers, politely explain in as few words as possible that you need a little part off the car. Offer whatever amount of money would amaze them and make sure you have that amount in your hand so they can see it. $20 should work in this case.
If whoever answers the door is surprised enough (and lured by the money), they might accept it and let you get the part before they think about how the owner would rather watch the car disintegrate than sell anything off it.
Your speed and their greed are crucial for this to work. You have to be quick to present the offer, and to remove the part and be gone.
Some people could think this is dishonest, but I think it depends. I'd never do this for something big like a carburetor or steering wheel, but for something like a few nuts and washers, I think it's OK. You're not trying to rip anyone off.
Of course, I wouldn't do this if a child (or obvious non-resident) answers the door.[-X
If the owner didn't mind selling parts in the first place, they'll be able to brag to everyone about how they made $20 by selling a 'worthless' part to the biggest sucker on the island!

Napa has the switch.

I'll try them....but in the past....they blow here on the islands....
Checkers had nothing...Thanks for the advice...

FYI...most cars sitting here....dont sit for to long...sea air wipes them out...but I should go see if the salvage yards have anything...

Aloha!

Aloha FABO! Need some parts help. (I'll post in parts wanted too). Just thought it was best to post here for all you early A bodies!

I need a new Neutral Safety switch. Mine is intermittant sometimes. Might just be an adjustment. But I would like to replace a 43 year old switch...its about that time! I saw one on Ebay...but dang! $60 is a lot! Any idea where to get one?

Also, I have the original radio...I want to install it back and put the "new one" onder the dash.
But the PO didn't give me the nuts for the Volume and Frequency adjustment. Anyone have two I can get? I tried locally...no LUCK!

Wanted:

Mahalo and Aloha!
I bought a replacement NSS on E-bay for the one wire switch. The one on my car has a steel point plunger and the e-bay one had a plastic plunger with a pin point and will not work properly. The lever that contacts the plunger won't smoothly ride up on it and I couldn't shift it to neutral. I had a spare trans and borrowed the NSS from it. Jayson

the nuts for the radio are 1/2" x 28 I bought some off ebay for 7 bucks

I could delete this thread because it is not in the wanted section. I won't though. I will move it to where it belongs. Tmm (moderator)

lol...WOW....this is an old post dug up from the archives! My last Post on this was NOVEMBER 2009!!!! HAHAHAHA
thanks all. you can closes this thread if you want @toolmanmike

been busy with other projects, travel, life etc. Still have the Barracuda though!

aloha mike

lol...WOW....this is an old post dug up from the archives! My last Post on this was NOVEMBER 2009!!!! HAHAHAHA
thanks all. you can closes this thread if you want @toolmanmike

been busy with other projects, travel, life etc. Still have the Barracuda though!

aloha mike
Nice to hear from you again Mike. I just marked the thread "found" which will close it. Don't be a stranger. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back