Nevada Blue 1968 dart GT

-

Mopar Momzee

Reaction score
Wanted to start a thread on my 1968 dart GT we will call Nevada Blue. Future plans 340 , 4 speed. Needs lot of TLC but is all there found remnants of build sheet to me thats a good sign. Been collecting many parts dash pad, steering wheel, 4 speed pedals and console shifter, disk brakes will up grade all to big bolt pattern. I dont know everything but use this forum quite extensively to figure it out. I read many threads here from other members so just wanted to start my own. First off is to get everything running before the 4 speed and 340 go in. So first i have been disassembling motor and some interior to everything cleaned up.
IMG_8486.jpeg
IMG_5188.jpeg
IMG_5184.jpeg

Today will be cleaning up the 904 and front k member , will be up grading the k member with 108 torsion bars and a complete rebuild of front end off set upper bushings big ball joint uppers 68 lower control arms with sway bar tab , hellwig sway bar, 4 piston disk brake set up.
IMG_8645.jpeg
IMG_8648.jpeg

Very cool car. Congrats. Looks to be in pretty good shape. Not sure what your plans for the body are, but, as a 68 GT owner myself, i would suggest leaving the side trim on the car. If you look around, most 68's are stripped of their chrome. Both look good but the original is getting hard to see anymore.

Good luck with the build. Mine will probably stay auto, but get a 340 this winter too.

Good luck with the car.

the trim correct most people remove them for now it will stay. The 340 I got off another member pretty cheap with 727. The seats are in great shape and the body I’ll leave as is but make drive train will all be redone. Want it to have that ratty look for now and not worry about door dings and drive the hell out of it. But handle well.

-
Back