Never going to Auto Zone again

-
In my area of comfort we have three parts stores, Zone, Nap, and the “O”. O Oreillys being my favorite, manager owns an older mopar. He set me up with a jobbers account, life is good. Auto Zone, it seems to have turn-a-round of sale people, constantly. Hard to get to know someone, rebuilds they have not any luck with. With my experience I would go with Napa rebuilds, but although how can you beat lifetime warranty from Oreillys? But the Napa in my home town, I would castrate myself using a dull rock and boulder, then do them any business. They seem to cater to the Diesel side of the equator.

Any more nowadays, I search their web sites in the comfort of my home. Find the part number I need, call ahead to see if physically they have it on the shelf. If not order it, and then pick it up the next day. I have ordered parts from Rock Auto, very pleased, found the water pump I needed for my 340, instead of 273,318,340,360 fits all category. Rock Auto sends a news letter and a list of discounted and obsolete parts for MY car.

The language barrier, get use to it, part of growing up. Granted Mexico are our neighbors, and to have good neighbors is to have a good fence ? Looking back now I should have taken a few years of Spanish instead of Industrial Arts. Being bilingual I wish, to me, its like that “guy” you know, the ones that can pick up any musical instrument and just play. Live long and prosper.

My head is starting to hurt.......
Oh yea. I gotta stop the thread alerts that this one.

The only thing that bothers me about this multi Language nation is the lack of a agreed along signal central language that all must know, speak & understand. For those of you that live outside of the big cities, this is not the case. This leads to the 1 truly annoying thing, signs not in English or even sub titled in English.

@Rani As I am SURE you have discovered, learned and mastered already, a good sense of humor and a thick skin go a very long way. A lesson some still need to learn.
(Not busting balls on anyone here!)
Glad your aboard.

I'm not a big fan of AZ either but the lifetime starter that's on my Dakota has been on it for 15 years now. About the only reason I go in these days is for consumables like brake wash etc. The store is walking distance (1/2 mile) if I feel like getting some exercise lol

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of AZ either but the lifetime starter that's on my Dakota has been on it for 15 years now. About the only reason I go in these days is for consumables like brake wash etc. The store is walking distance (1/2 mile) if I feel like getting some exercise lol
I tell people the only they should buy from Autozone is oil and air fresheners, and be suspicious of the oil.

I don't do the Zone. It does often seem to be the cheapest if I'm shopping around for a part. It is where all the Spanish speakers work and shop.
I really prefer Advance auto parts, and mostly I do the shop online, and pick up in store. Sometimes they seem more expensive, but every time you go to their website they offer you a 20% off code, and every time I buy something I end up with a $5.00 reward for next time.

Napa I will not do. Most expensive place in town for the exact same parts.

I always go online and see who has the best deal for what I need and we have plenty of auto stores to buy from around here. No favorites but just the best price and pay cash. One thing I have to say about autozone and we have 3 stores here a call on the phone and if they dont have it they will order it for you and you dont have to pay for it first and will call when it is in usually the next day.

I get the the whole this is America speak English thing.
After all, we may not speak English, but we speak American.
What do you call someone that speaks two languages?
Bilingual.
What do you call someone that speaks one language.
American.
That being said.

I can' t help but wonder if there isn't some jealousy in this.
Given the fact of the matter and the world, I know that I'm jealous .
I wish that I could at least understand Spanish.
I've been told by friends that it takes longer to say something in Spanish this it does in English.
Maybe that's why the Spanish TV stations are a blur of words?
They have to hurry to talk.
My motto:
"Language is just a tool. Choose the best tool. Choose English"

I get the the whole this is America speak English thing.
After all, we may not speak English, but we speak American.
What do you call someone that speaks two languages?
Bilingual.
What do you call someone that speaks one language.
American.
That being said.

I can' t help but wonder if there isn't some jealousy in this.
Given the fact of the matter and the world, I know that I'm jealous .
I wish that I could at least understand Spanish.
I've been told by friends that it takes longer to say something in Spanish this it does in English.
Maybe that's why the Spanish TV stations are a blur of words?
They have to hurry to talk.
My motto:
"Language is just a tool. Choose the best tool. Choose English"

English is a tough langauge to learn if it is not your first langauge. It is a challenge for sure.

English is a tough langauge to learn if it is not your first langauge. It is a challenge for sure.
What I've heard also. So many words sound the same, but mean different things.....

Yea, but at least English doesn't have "masculine" and "feminine".
That's messed up and made up.
We made the mistake of letting our son take Russian.
Failure.
At least Spanglish uses the right alphabet.
And what kind of language has pictures for words in stead of letters?
Talk about inefficient.
Or is that just me?

I don't do the Zone. It does often seem to be the cheapest if I'm shopping around for a part. It is where all the Spanish speakers work and shop.
I really prefer Advance auto parts, and mostly I do the shop online, and pick up in store. Sometimes they seem more expensive, but every time you go to their website they offer you a 20% off code, and every time I buy something I end up with a $5.00 reward for next time.

Napa I will not do. Most expensive place in town for the exact same parts.

Next time buying online from Advance try the code TRT30 for 30% off $50 or more, and try TRT41 for 40% off $100 or more. Worked the last time I used them.

Yea, but at least English doesn't have "masculine" and "feminine".
That's messed up and made up.
We made the mistake of letting our son take Russian.
Failure.
At least Spanglish uses the right alphabet.
And what kind of language has pictures for words in stead of letters?
Talk about inefficient.
Or is that just me?
It's just you.

Many languages use the feminine and masculine and most have been around far longer than modern English.

i-am-groot.jpg

Hey, I get it....As Americans, we should not have to press any buttons or "choose" to speak English. Sometimes it feels as if outside forces are trying to erase our traditions and squeeze us out. What the hell is wrong with old fashioned American pride and tradition ? Why should we have to be so "tolerant" and "open minded" to seeing our ways of life changing in a way that does not benefit the masses?
Why was there so much attention given to the freaks that want to use a different bathroom than their genitals suggested? Why has society caved into the tiny fraction of outcasts and freaks?
The only reason that "times are a-changin" in terms of language is because of a Swiss cheese border and feckless politicians that did nothing of substance to correct it. The Democrats wanted the new voters and the Republicans wanted the cheap labor.

Hey, I get it....As Americans, we should not have to press any buttons or "choose" to speak English. Sometimes it feels as if outside forces are trying to erase our traditions and squeeze us out. What the hell is wrong with old fashioned American pride and tradition ? Why should we have to be so "tolerant" and "open minded" to seeing our ways of life changing in a way that does not benefit the masses?
Why was there so much attention given to the freaks that want to use a different bathroom than their genitals suggested? Why has society caved into the tiny fraction of outcasts and freaks?
The only reason that "times are a-changin" in terms of language is because of a Swiss cheese border and feckless politicians that did nothing of substance to correct it. The Democrats wanted the new voters and the Republicans wanted the cheap labor.
WELL SAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Agree whole heartedly. I think old George bush should have closed the borders when the second plane hit the other tower. How much better off we'd be !!! Less crime, less drugs, less terrorists that we don`t know about, less trouble w/ deportations. Him and his brother had illegals working for them at that time too. His brother , gov. of Forida even had an illegal for a wife !~look it up.

Why: “Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.” Surely these words were not written by a prophet on a ****-house wall. We are our governments’ children, self-righteous, self-concerned, self-centered,…well just too may selfies.

If I remember history correctly our Native Americans’ language saved our butts in WWI and then again in WWII. The Germans could not decipher Navaho American language. Native American language was here way before English language, maybe we kind of did squeezed out theirs and inserted ours?

For the most part us Americans don’t like change, don’t like to be meddled with, and enjoy similarities that we have grown comfortable with. May you have an interesting past ahead of you.

All I know I just scored a used part on feebay on the cheap, with the dude sending it cheap too!!!!! Happy Christmas Eve to me!!!!

I think most of us expect people that immigrate to this country to learn "our" language, which is considered English, right? We expect them to find a love for the country we love. We expect them to come here to find a better life, and not live off the Govn't and those that work for a living. We expect them to obey the laws of this country. We do not welcome criminals.
Basically , we expect them to pay their way and NOT be a burden??!!!!

When all the brick and mortar auto parts stores have closed and you have to order your parts from places like Rock Auto and wait to get them and walk or ride the bus to work you will only have your self to blame.

Brian

When all the brick and mortar auto parts stores have closed and you have to order your parts from places like Rock Auto and wait to get them and walk or ride the bus to work you will only have your self to blame.

Brian
I have to wonder how many MILLIONS for instance, O Reily makes per day!??????????????????/ ha... but I get your point. I shop price and quality of brand offered. So I get plenty of stuff from local O Reilly, Napa. Advance if they had a store within 25 miles. Parts stores?????? NO telling how many MILLIONS they make per day!!?????
Rock Auto? Seems if I need 3 different parts, they would be shipped from 3 different places and shipping costs are then prohibitive.
I like the old days when I could go out to a boneyard and find all th good parts I needed!!!!! ha

Give it another two generations (roughly 55 years total)...everybody in the USA will be talking English. Let’s face it... how many third generation individuals speak German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, etc.? I know 55 years may seem like a long time but within the context of time and history, it’s a relatively minuscule blip.

Why: “Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.” Surely these words were not written by a prophet on a ****-house wall. We are our governments’ children, self-righteous, self-concerned, self-centered,…well just too may selfies.

If I remember history correctly our Native Americans’ language saved our butts in WWI and then again in WWII. The Germans could not decipher Navaho American language. Native American language was here way before English language, maybe we kind of did squeezed out theirs and inserted ours?

For the most part us Americans don’t like change, don’t like to be meddled with, and enjoy similarities that we have grown comfortable with. May you have an interesting past ahead of you.

The Statue of Liberty didn't come with that idiotic statement on it.

We don't need the tired, poor and wretched refuse. If you knew and understood the history of that stupid statement it would never be held up as a good thing.

Yellow rose, Thank you! I also do not believe in the statement. We don't need the tired, poor and wretched refuse....

-
Back