Never saw these before.

-
I dont have a payment on an 70,000 truck . Instead I spend the equivalent amount on my toys . My newest car is a 2005 bike.

I must say, cost and labor to put an arigenal one on and replace the header or manifold and gaskets i would pay the difference if it indeed seals up any problems a person would have on there build, 80 dollars and know its done :thumbsup:

I dont have a payment on an 70,000 truck . Instead I spend the equivalent amount on my toys . My newest car is a 2005 bike.
That's awesome. I don't have a payment on my 2019 Colorado, the wife's 2018 Taurus, my 2019 can am 450, and we own our 200k house free and clear, built it in 2007 and paid it off in 2011.

Dan, he is saying he had to scrimp and save. Probably sometimes for weeks, months or even years. I myself know what that’s like. Family comes first. I finally saved enough money to buy my coveted 70 Road Runner that I wanted since 1989. That was in 2015. My daughter wanted to get into drag racing so we built my duster into a low 10 second car. Watching her with that car is worth every penny I spent on it. I guess the RR was not to be. Kim
Saving is the answer. I hope that one day you will get your RR, I think that you deserve it.

Cry me a river! I worked my *** off for what I have, nothings ever been handed to me.
My family never went without.
I think that people who work for what they have are more proud of their things and are likely to take better care of them.

Cry me a river! I worked my *** off for what I have, nothings ever been handed to me.
My family never went without.
Ditto. Busted my arse. Worked 3 jobs at one point. I didn’t care since I was coming home to a clean house with dinner on the way by my lovely wife. I got to play with my daughter before, during and after dinner each day. Wife was grateful for the break.
NO one ever went without. NEVER! Somehow I managed to hold onto the hot rod.
I think that people who work for what they have are more proud of their things and are likely to take better care of them.
Yep!

Saving is the answer. I hope that one day you will get your RR, I think that you deserve it.
Thanks Dan. At this point in my life I’m pretty sure that isn’t gonna happen. But I’m good with that. I’m pretty content with my A body dusters.

IMG_0131.jpeg

IMG_0228.jpeg

IMG_0226.jpeg

IMG_0152.jpeg

IMG_0155.jpeg

IMG_0148.jpeg

IMG_0153.jpeg

OK, just as a reminder, the oil filter plate for the 1950's A and thru (pre-non-Magnum) LA engines is different than the Magnums.

Same outside diameter but the center thread boss in the blocks are not the same height. The plates are stamped different for each.

I did say they’re pricey but the other fellas beat me to it.
There top quality stuff.

A CNC machine is not a CNC machine nor is a lathe a lathe. In addition, nether is a worker a worker or a machinist a machinist. Not here, not over there, not anywhere.

While you can get a good quality item from China, not all companies spec that quality from them. If you don’t spec it and check it, your probably screwing yourself and allowing crap into the customers hands.

A great product can be found here in the U.S.A., but you need to pay the man his days wage and that’s not cheap nor is getting the material needed for the job.
I had to reply to this...
I'm going to show my age here.
I worked in the Aero-space ind in So Cal in the 60's an 70's.
I worked at a place with a then state of the art machine shop. They had N/C (numerical control) machines of all types and size's.
The quality of the Programming had to be high. Not everyone could do it right.
Same with operators and machinist's. They are not all equal.

CNC grew out of N/C.
They had huge dedicated solid state controls.
G.E. was the leader for a long time.
Japanese took over the ind and CNC took over from N/C.
I always wondered what happened to all those old machines. Did they get new PC controls???

I had to reply to this...
I'm going to show my age here.
I worked in the Aero-space ind in So Cal in the 60's an 70's.
I worked at a place with a then state of the art machine shop. They had N/C (numerical control) machines of all types and size's.
The quality of the Programming had to be high. Not everyone could do it right.
Same with operators and machinist's. They are not all equal.

CNC grew out of N/C.
They had huge dedicated solid state controls.
G.E. was the leader for a long time.
Japanese took over the ind and CNC took over from N/C.
I always wondered what happened to all those old machines. Did they get new PC controls???
A buddy of Mine bought an old N/C machine, long as a travel-trailer, not sure where it is now as He sold the building....last time I set eyes on it was around Y2K..

Mu
Must be nice to have enough money to not have to worry about what stuff costs.
Buy once cry once. Also knowingly uying slave labor is not my thing, i buy USA if at all possible. Sometimes not possible, but the less we buy the less there will be ti buy.
I also like to buy best quality if i can, and have less problems. Do it once right.
My wife and I were given a,set of costly pots and pans 35 years ago, still A-OK.
She must have $4000 on All-Clad and we got some recenty.

Ever had to pull and pull again a cheap part because of a leak? Makes me want to run over it with a tank. Dont even get me strarted on crappy trans, or oil pans that dont fit and or don't seal to have it leak or any other part.

Last edited:
Buy once cry once. Also knowingly uying slave labor is not my thing, i buy USA if at all possible. Sometimes not possible, but the less we buy the less three will be ti buy.
I also like to buy best quality and have less problems. Do it once right.
My wife and I were given a,set of costly pots and pans 35 years ago, still A-OK.
She must have $4000 on All-Clad and we got some recenty.
I hear that. We try to buy USA made products as much as possible. The wife cooks with cast iron pans, we've had them about 37 years now. I believe that they are the best for cooking, they are made from one mineral only. I like to buy quality as well, the biggest part of my tools are snap on, mac, s&k. I do have some craftsman tools and those are the ones that were given to me. When I bought my first quad runner it was a artic cat 650 as it was made here in the states. I know that sometimes you have no choice but to buy foreign, but if I'm looking to buy something and it's available made over seas and made here I'll buy the one made here regardless of the cost.

I hear that. We try to buy USA made products as much as possible. The wife cooks with cast iron pans, we've had them about 37 years now. I believe that they are the best for cooking, they are made from one mineral only. I like to buy quality as well, the biggest part of my tools are snap on, mac, s&k. I do have some craftsman tools and those are the ones that were given to me. When I bought my first quad runner it was a artic cat 650 as it was made here in the states. I know that sometimes you have no choice but to buy foreign, but if I'm looking to buy something and it's available made over seas and made here I'll buy the one made here regardless of the cost.
you sure about that on arctic cat? i know that they had suzuki motors in them and were made here with imported parts. also, complete units were built for them by kymco in taiwan, just FYI.

I have 3 of those plates, one on each of my small blocks. They seal right up, never leaked a drop. For the O-rings when needed, I called Canton and they sent them to me for free. I can’t complain. I’m happy to pay that price. I don’t know how to run a machine to make one…

I have 3 of those plates, one on each of my small blocks. They seal right up, never leaked a drop. For the O-rings when needed, I called Canton and they sent them to me for free. I can’t complain. I’m happy to pay that price. I don’t know how to run a machine to make one…
While on the subject kinda, of good O Rring items., billet thermostat housings with one are the bomb.
There is also a place that makes them from stainless steel with O Rings In Canada
I hate leaks. But good used steel is best! But if ya need shiney stuff O Ring Stainless is best and billet aluim second. Billet Specialties makes a good one.

-
Back