NEW 408 STROKER coming on Saturday!!

-

frederick_76

Reaction score
My New 408 will be delivered on Saturday to the house!! Not going to be able to sleep tonight!! :blob:

Come on now, your killing us with out giving up some details......Damn IT!!!!

Sorry Guys I was at work when i posted, so here it is:

CID: 408 LA block (not sure on the year yet)
COMPRESSION: 10.5:1
HEAD TYPE: INDY X PORTED WITH 2.055 VALVES
INTAKE: WEIAND X-CELERATOR PORTMATCHED
CAMSHAFT: BIG MUTHA THUMPER
INT:243 EXT:257
Valve Lift:
INT:0.533 EXT:0.519
Lobe Separation: 107 DEG
Forged Eagle crankshaft and Eagle "H" beam rods
PEAK HP: 476 @ 5300
PEAK TQ: 513 @ 4500

I found it for sale here in the classifieds only 20 miles away!

Going to be SWEEEEET!!!!!! :tongue9:

"Eagle cast crank". That could be a problem. You're over my comfort range for that crank...

congratulations , I bet the coffee pot is brewing :coffee2: and you have a place for it already, Get the camera ready :cheers: so you and all of us can enjoy the day
the 408 came your way 8-)

So I know you pulled the other engine last night and the new motor is coming off the truck right into the engine bay right??:D

Ok i got it home and know what everything is. I thought he said it was a Magnum block, but its a LA w/ roller cam,lifters, and rockers. The Eagle crank IS forged not cast. Eagle "H" beam rods. Going to need paint!!

100_1016.jpg

100_1015.jpg

100_1014.jpg

100_1013.jpg

Ok i got it home and know what everything is. I thought he said it was a Magnum block, but its a LA w/ roller cam,lifters, and rockers. The Eagle crank IS forged not cast. Eagle "H" beam rods. Going to need paint!!

Very nice!! Did you get any written warranty or guarantee?? If not, you're going to tear it all back apart and check EVERYTHING aren't you?

I love my 408. The first thing you will say on the test drive is "Holy **** is this thing fast!"

I think I'll have that hand painted on my dash just so anyone getting it will know what they're in for!!

-
Back