New 64 Dart GT on its way

-

Claydart

MOPAR to the very bones
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I got a call today from the driver of the truck that is delivering my newly purchased 64 Dart GT. He told me that he was going to bring the car here either today at some point or tomorrow morning around 9:00! I can't wait, I will be bringing this car to the body/paint shop before this weekend to start working on my project. This will be the 3rd Dart used for parts for my ultimate goal of, in my opinion, the perfect resto-mod car. A 1964 Dodge Dart GT with a rebuilt 273 4-barrel, 4 speed, 8 3/4 rear end, Plum Crazy Purple with correct black interior, with power discs front and back. Pics will be posted when I can figure out how.

IMG_5066 2.JPG
IMG_5529.JPG
IMG_5045.JPG

Yeah, all the chrome is there. motor starts right up and sounds great. The body is essentially rust free. Needs new interior, and paint, but that's what the winter is for.

Yeah, all the chrome is there. motor starts right up and sounds great. The body is essentially rust free. Needs new interior, and paint, but that's what the winter is for.
Nice find!
Looking forward to following your build...

So the other two cars are completing this car? Or this car will be donating parts for another car? Whats are your plans to complete your project from three cars? Thats a nice complete looking car so i am curious...

The first donor car was for all the 4-speed stuff and 3.23 rear end for my pearl white GT. My paint and body friend found this car online and called me to tell me that he found the quarter panels and front fender patches for my car, but he said it would be cheaper for him to finish and paint this whole car than cutting it up to use on my first one. So I bought the new one to put all of my rebuilt drive train into.

If you're not gonna use those headlight rings, care to send them back to SoCal?

Well I dropped her off at my buddy's house last week so that we could get started! I am so excited to start, and I think my bodywork/friend is chomping at the bit to get going on it also. I started to clean up the stainless brightwork on it before I dropped it off, and it is going to come out awesome. Just need to get some of the chrome re-done too. I am currently rebuilding a 8 3/4" rear end to install in it and I have to find a machine shop near me to cut down the drive shaft or make a new one for me. Project good and truly started!

-
Back