new 65 dart project

-

robs 67plymouth

motown graffiti crusier
Reaction score
just bought this 65 dart one owner car for 700 bucks orig 6 cyl gonna drive it the way it is for a while the way it is, and do some research on putting a 400 bb in it. found the original dealer papers in it the lady bought it brand new for 2540.00 and traded in a 56 chevy and got 340 bucks for it. always was a bellflower ,ca car . have all the service records from 65 to 03. tell me what you think about it, thanks for lookin

Attachments

• P1140039 [].JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 241
  • P1140040 [].JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 219
  • P1140041 [].JPG
    84 KB · Views: 207
  • P1140043 [].JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 203
  • scan0001 [].jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 209
  • scan0002 [].jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 239
You would be damn lucky to find a car that nice out east for $700, and it would have rust. Congrats on a killer deal! Good luck with the build and keep us posted!

700 bucks. I say you got a STEAL!!!!! don't look back and build an ultimate mean maching now.

Are those the original hubcaps...those kinda look like 68 Roadrunner hubcaps?

Great looking 65. You got a deal. But...the real question...how are your candy canes?

Are those the original hubcaps...those kinda look like 68 Roadrunner hubcaps?

Great looking 65. You got a deal. But...the real question...how are your candy canes?

those hubcaps are off my 67 valiant i have the original hubcaps to dart but one was missing not quite sure what candy canes are ?

Nice score, Rob.

She looks like she'll make a great DD. Or..............

The candy canes are the trim pieces that surround the outer curve of the headlight and meet at the middle bottom of the grille. After 40 odd years on the road, most are kinda beat up.

Attachments

• IMG_0210.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 181
Lucky you! That is a steel! Those Darts are hard to find in decent condition. You're car seems to be in very good condition. Good luck with it.

damn seems like it's in just as good condition as my dart, and you payed a third of what I paid for my 273 gt. A steal, for sure.

not trying to hijack... butttt...

did 65 dart gt's come with the same trim he has running underneath the handle? or is that a non gt trim thing?

just bought this 65 dart one owner car for 700 bucks orig 6 cyl gonna drive it the way it is for a while the way it is, and do some research on putting a 400 bb in it. found the original dealer papers in it the lady bought it brand new for 2540.00 and traded in a 56 chevy and got 340 bucks for it. always was a bellflower ,ca car . have all the service records from 65 to 03. tell me what you think about it, thanks for lookin
I have a 65 GT that is getting a 440,727,Dana-a lot of modification to say the least.Has the old super stock exhaust manifols cause no one makes headers for it and they are making a lot of problems like steering and master cylinder and clearance in general-will post some pics when I get the mill set in it.Also made my own insturment panel out of oak with a **** load of gauges,but sure is fun

-
Back