"New" 69 Dart in my town!

-

FJ5

Reaction score
Headed to turkey dinner this morning and saw a 1969 Dart swinger 340 about 4 miles from my house. Where I live that was about 6 houses down. So we are practically neighbors. I didn't get any pictures but it was green (not sublime), bench seat, auto, 70,000 mile car. The guys name is Billy, he said it came from New York, just arrived yesterday. I was just wondering if it was a FABO member.

Cool...My neighbor has a 73 Dart Sport 318 sunroof car.It also has buckets and a fold down rear seat.It just sits in his garage and he wants to restore it someday.

When I moved to the town I live in now[about 800 pop] when I drove into town with the dart in tow and pulled up in front of the garage you'd a thought Elvis had come to town..had a kid come up and say 'mister ,what kind a car is that?..a mustang?...felt like slappin the lil bastard..but hey,he didnt know any better he'd never seen or heard of a dart before..so I educated several of them about MOPARS of days gone by,yes i preached the word but they could not comprehend...so soon when the 440 goes back in I will shake this village with open header growls and rumbles and the rest of them will know it's here..have since found a guy with a scamp that sits in the garage and is a forgotten project and a fella with a 69 coronet RT[super bee] 440 4-spd car that sits tucked away in a garage only pulls it out about 1-2 times a year for parades in other towns and special events and it's a sweet slick ride that sounds like a 509 cam or so...had a magnetic effect on me as it drove down my street I was instantly on my feet and out the door checking it out...dont see much of our kind anymore so when one comes around it's a big deal..I remember the days when you could find a dart or a duster about anywhere in any town just sitting around on every corner now they are practically extinct..

Got a neighbor in my sub division that has a 71 challenger and a pro street tubbed 66 coronet

In my North Toronto neighbourhood there's a few GMs and Fords. I have the only running Mopar - one guy has a partially covered up 71 Charger R/T that seems to be awaiting restoration someday. I like to cruise by the one house with a 71 Malibu and 90 Mustang GT. Get quite a few stares from them as I rumble by.

The Malibu looks like it will be quite nice when they finish it.

Not a whole lot of old mopars in my town, but but buddy has a plymouth arrow, tubbed, full roll cage, 360, 727 456 gears street legal that is pretty nice.

Another kid runs around in a 68 cuda, which is also really nice gold color.

WE have the only running MOPAR muscle car in our town. Thee is a /6 demon that ounds like crap around somewhere..saw it one..heard that there were few darts....mopar is rare here..

My neighbor is on a 4 year checkbook resto of a 69gtx...we are going to be finished first..

I just want to go for a ride in the "new" dart while I continue waiting in mine.

back in 89 when I first got my duster it was about the only one poundin pavement on p.e.i except for a few drag cars now there must be about 40 to 50 a bodys runnin around now mostly Charlottetown west I live on the east end and there is about 4 to 5 down here and as many b and e bodies also we could have a mopar only show on p.e.i now that's good for a small island of a pop of 120.000 .

One of my customers has the white 68 Hoosiers Hemi Dart in his garage along with a partially finished black 67 Coronet R/T
I asked him what he had to give for the Dart but he wouldn't say.

-
Back