[WANTED] new accelerator linkage for 2 or 4 bbl Carb. '65 dart slant 6.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey356

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I need new linkage and pedal for a carb upgrade. I have a 1965 dodge dart 270 with a 225 c.i. slant 6 with a 1 bbl Holley carb. I'm going to the 2bbl carb and the linkage through the firewall is completely different. Instructions say I will need a 2 to 4 ft cable from the firewall. I'll probably have to replace pedal and linkage through a new hole in the firewall. The existing linkage is completely funky and actually rotates the linkage to the 1 bbl holley. I'll need a set-up that pushes directly forward to attach to the 2bbl. I'm pretty sure some cutting and drilling will be needed for the upgrade. jeffrey356.

If you can find a 64-66 V8 (or slant with factory AC), use the pedal bracket assembly which is a bolt-in on the firewall and the associated pedal (your current pedal is similar-looking but can't be used) - no drilling or cutting needed. It will take whatever length cable you require. I would place a wanted ad for the pedal assembly. I will take a couple of pics shortly so you know what to look for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back