new alternator diff connections

-

winstoninwisc

Taint easy livin free,season ticket ona 1wayride
Reaction score
Snapshot_20170402_131821.jpg
Snapshot_20170402_131822.jpg
ive been having a problem locating the correct core for my 65 barracuda . I jumped to a 60 amp some years ago . it took a chit now and this is the backside of the alternator they gave me 3 times , it has 2 fields how can I make this work ??? 1 my plug fits other I don't know . every 1 says jump it to ground . can some 1 draw me a picture I am not understanding where to ground it too

View attachment 1715034385 View attachment 1715034388 ive been having a problem locating the correct core for my 65 barracuda . I jumped to a 60 amp some years ago . it took a chit now and this is the backside of the alternator they gave me 3 times , it has 2 fields how can I make this work ??? 1 my plug fits other I don't know . every 1 says jump it to ground . can some 1 draw me a picture I am not understanding where to ground it too
Try having the one You pulled repaired, unless You turned it in as a core already, it's not nuclear fission. Does anybody do that kind of work in Your area? The squareback that
You're holding will work w/one brush terminal grounded, but it looks like it may have the one to the right set up that way....it's blurry, but I don't see a spade/blade???

We already answered your question in your post from yesterday. Th alternators only have one field. Early versions had one end of the field grounded internally in the alternator. Later versions had the field wire, and a second wire which grounded the field through the voltage regulator. You can run a two terminal alternator in an earlier car by grounding one of the terminals and putting your field wire on the other one.

The picture that you have shown has this already done. There is only one terminal, the other one is already grounded to the alternator frame. Put it in, hook it up and go.

ok I have It in its just been 3 different type of alternators in 3 days and already turning mine in for a core I had no idea what was going on , unfortunately neither they so I hope as you are saying , that fat field terminal is already internaly grounded

I guess 35 year old cores are as easy to find as 65 Baracuda"s up here anyways, there pictures show the right 1 but when they order a different 1 comes every time

-
Back