new ARP head bolts intot he water jacket

-

green67cuda

Reaction score
so which ones enter the water jacket?
when i took out the old allen bolts, none of them seemed to have any kind of sealer on them, but ARP says to use their sealer, and all they supplied was moly lube....
i know all the bottom ones go into the water jacket....but what about the others?

do i need to make another order (again) and wait for it to come in, or can i use teflon pipe thread sealer (the stuff in a tube)...i already have some of that...

green67cuda said:
so which ones enter the water jacket?
when i took out the old allen bolts, none of them seemed to have any kind of sealer on them, but ARP says to use their sealer, and all they supplied was moly lube....
i know all the bottom ones go into the water jacket....but what about the others?

do i need to make another order (again) and wait for it to come in, or can i use teflon pipe thread sealer (the stuff in a tube)...i already have some of that...

When I screwed together my lump last year all I used was a mild thread lock and I had no leaks. I had everything else go wrong.... but no leaks.

I've always just applied oil to both small and big block head bolts and then torqued them to spec. I have yet to have any kind of head bolt leakage. I've always wondered if i should but never have. Good luck so far

-
Back