New best a couple weeks ago

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Usually one of my slower tracks I was shocked to see I ran a new best at Quaker City a couple weeks ago. We did have a slight tailwind this day but we all know that isn’t a big help.
02400DFD-032D-412D-BF21-59EBBD324959.jpeg

Then last Saturday before we were rained out at Keystone’s Night Of Fire race on a very hot day I cranked out two nice passes on my time trials.
8B661ECF-761D-4627-A6FF-B935FDB40BC5.jpeg
0E795731-CC34-47A5-9B1C-7CD6F1168B7B.jpeg

I know you like building the engines and tweeking heads and such, but man you might just be the chassis/drivetrain guru of FABO. :)

I questioned your PG 1st gear earlier, but you got that baby dialed in. Congratulations! :thumbsup:

It ain't hangin out at the line for sure.

I know you like building the engines and tweeking heads and such, but man you might just be the chassis/drivetrain guru of FABO. :)

I questioned your PG 1st gear earlier, but you got that baby dialed in. Congratulations! :thumbsup:

I love to tinker around. I do have an issue going on now that I am trying to bandaid till winter. It’s been pulling left every third pass or so this year and I’m thinking the rearend is out of square. I tightened everything up last week and lubricated everything up some and have been running 11.5 pounds in the drivers side slick and 11 on the passenger side. The last six passes have been picture perfect so hopefully at norwalks 15,000.00-40,000.00-20,000.00 next weekend all will be well. Then I can pull the rearend this winter and put new gears in it and square everything up.

It ain't hangin out at the line for sure. That thing's gittin with it.

Been working on relaxing and concentration and it’s been working pretty good.
That is a tuff thing to do. I think i would have to install my lazyBoy recliner in my car to accomplish that.
O wait, I'm sleeping at the light as it is! That won't work.:rofl:

All kidding aside, that take a lot of dedication to do. As there on opposite sides of a scale <relax------------concentrate>:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sometimes when staging my mind is going a million miles an hour and not focusing on task at hand. I am mentally reviewing my check list, making sure I got everything, then I start thinking about the last pass and how the car reacted, what can I do better. What do I need to focus on and the next thing you know the stupid lights are descending and o crap I gotta go! Totally space whatever it was I wanted to focus on and just react. Yep another opportunity to learn wasted I just drove the dumb car! Oh well, it is better than sitting at home! Focus and concentration are exceptionally hard to do if you actually focus and concentrate on doing it!

John, how far does your car typically carry the front end? Are you tripping the 60’ beams with the rear tires?

John, how far does your car typically carry the front end? Are you tripping the 60’ beams with the rear tires?

I have never seen a crazy number come up so
I don’t think I ever clipped the 60 foot light with my rear tires but I know I had to be close a couple of times. I know it lands softly so it’s just not an up and down motion. Here’s a nice three picture set my friend took from the bleachers. They are probably in the wrong order but reference it off the Camero that redlite.
648D969A-C158-4E58-AACE-EC1DA751AE77.jpeg
72DA90A7-A7E7-46CB-B17A-E53E6B7669A1.jpeg
1B4207A2-881F-4A99-B668-7D32427F9A37.jpeg

793F814B-5BB0-4FCD-B000-9DD9D32C7E57.jpeg
28C5DA8D-35CF-4D31-812A-7B679F7B27DF.jpeg
775E1B9F-6292-4AFB-8E5B-345EAB4C88F3.jpeg
39035B53-9F8C-4838-9C27-82975691D2A8.jpeg
A couple here made me do a shock adjustment and you can see the sixty foot clock in a few of them. These are the reason I switched out the 1.98 gear for a 1.80.

You need you some of them there wheelie bars.

Sometimes when staging my mind is going a million miles an hour and not focusing on task at hand. I am mentally reviewing my check list, making sure I got everything, then I start thinking about the last pass and how the car reacted, what can I do better. What do I need to focus on and the next thing you know the stupid lights are descending and o crap I gotta go! Totally space whatever it was I wanted to focus on and just react. Yep another opportunity to learn wasted I just drove the dumb car! Oh well, it is better than sitting at home! Focus and concentration are exceptionally hard to do if you actually focus and concentrate on doing it!

At this point of my life I’ve done it so many times it should come natural. Between getting older, being off a year, and Covid which I swear affected my concentration I had to come up with a plan. After I heat my tires, clean it out, and try my transbrake I have to get my mind on the tree. Then I tell myself hey you have done this 1000 times so just relax and when that dog-gone light flashes let go of the damn button, then floor the car. I was so pissed off at myself a few months ago on a Sunday the third day of a three day race. No time trials on Sunday so I go up there and cut a .043 light and lose. I loaded up and without buying back said if you can’t get your act together stay local and race for peanuts. I rethought my racing effort and came up with my plan and use it on my handheld practice tree. At Keystones three 20,000.00 races no buyback needed. At Quaker city’s three day race two weeks ago no buyback needed. The rounds I’ve lost have been great races or like a .0006 redlite

-
Back