New best in the fish. 14.0

-

GoodysGotaCuda

Mr. Goody
Reaction score
Went to the track last night with the barracuda. previous best was 14.30 at 5,800ft d/a, tonight was a 14.0 at 5,200ft. Every other pass it had fuel starvation issues at the top end i need to sort out. the who knows how old carter street pump is first suspect, then the 5/16s line. But its gettin there, dang 13 is around the corner, little 318 does alright. :headbang:

th_100_0963.gif

th_cudavsdaytonaweb.gif

Congrats on the new best. If you are running a stock gas tank, run with it full, gas tends to move away from sending unit/pick-up tube and cause fuel starvation, just a thought since I`ve been there done that.

we already know it runs 13s at sea level, in an a-body that might be a 12 second 318 you got there. maan that daytona looks slooow!

lenweiler said:
Nice solid time for that package. Seen guys with more doing less.

Thanks, hoping to dip into 13s next time out. Its soo close, if i can do it in ~5,000ft wortha air thats not too shabby for the 3,600lb tank. :headbang:

Congrats on the new best. If you are running a stock gas tank, run with it full, gas tends to move away from sending unit/pick-up tube and cause fuel starvation, just a thought since I`ve been there done that.

Yep im running a stock tank. I had about a 1/2 tank in it, i think before the next outing ill throw a new pump on the motor, and also might see if i can extend the pickup with rubber line more twords the back and keep the fuel sock on there.

we already know it runs 13s at sea level, in an a-body that might be a 12 second 318 you got there. maan that daytona looks slooow!

yea it doesnt run too shabby, i shoulddddd, yes should lol, be able to get mid 13s out of it once i move to florida in the spring/fall in the barracuda. It'd be interesting to see what it'd do in a early abody or something :blackeye: and yea, that daytona got buried lol, he had a 3.1sec 60ft! thats gotta hurt.

-
Back