New best times with the 66 Dart

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Today was a beautiful autumn day,sunny and 85*.I went to the track for some last T&T for the 2011 season.My attempts for better 60fts and lower E.T than 10.81 were answered.I ran a best of [email protected] 60fts 1.44 :cheers: It couldn,t have been a better day to be racing,since Sept. was a total washout with rain everytime I had time to go out to the track:wack:

Oh also forgot my camera and this was the best ever my car was launching.I now have about 180 passes on the 410 without any problems:thumrigh:
My cars times are on the left..#1222(my daughters birth date Dec.22)Til next season!:salut:
View attachment Racing the 66 Dart 093.jpg

Great news Scott. You got her flying! tmm

Good on ya Scott! I'm sure you are one proud son of a gun! I wish was there to see and take pic's! Give her a pat for me! lol..

Man, it's gotta be tough to come up with the fastest combo unless you do it a step at a time. I spent an afternoon with tommoparman and his wife Vicki @ Cedar Falls Raceway a couple weekends ago and he told me his progression to 8:80's with his Duster. It sure doesn't happen overnight. I commend you for your efforts. You have worked hard and spent the necessary $$$'s to get to the mid 10's. I know you'll go farther and faster. Good luck my friend! toolman

man, it's gotta be tough to come up with the fastest combo unless you do it a step at a time. I spent an afternoon with tommoparman and his wife Vicki @ Cedar Falls and he told me his progression to 8:80's with his Duster. It sure doesn't happen overnight. I commend you for your efforts. You have worked hard and spent $$$'s to get to the mid 10's. I know you'll go farther and faster. Good luck my friend! toolman
Yes Toolman,it doesn,t happen overnight.The money I used to spend on snowmobiling,fishing boats and fishing easily outweigh any improvements on the race car.The initial cost of the engine was the most and in my eyes,the enjoyment I get from racing(adrenalin:thumrigh:)is well worth it!

Everybody needs a hobby!:cheers:

Right you are Scott! Big smiles going 120 or so in 10 sec's. tmm

Thanks all!Improvement?I,m gonna try a 4.10 gear(4.56 now)next season to try and get my mph up in the 125-127mph mark.

Any suggestions?
Congrats Scott
I think the 4.10 would help.
You or the car need to lose weight LOL.
Fiberglass front bumper?
Fiberglass Hood?
Martin

Congratulations on the even newer best pass :cheers:
You are inching closer to the 10.50 I think I mentioned in another thread :thumrigh:
I sure have enjoyed your racing season and the upgrades you had to make for you monster 66 Dart small block, sounds like the dana rear end was a must do :thumrigh:
Yes Scott :glasses7: I would frame and hang that #1222 time slip with a picture of your daughters birthday picture this year Hayle is her name I believe :eek:ops: Boy I hope I remembered her name right.
Thank you for some great M&M's this year (making memories):blob:

Congratulations on the even newer best pass :cheers:
You are inching closer to the 10.50 I think I mentioned in another thread :thumrigh:
I sure have enjoyed your racing season and the upgrades you had to make for you monster 66 Dart small block, sounds like the dana rear end was a must do :thumrigh:
Yes Scott :glasses7: I would frame and hang that #1222 time slip with a picture of your daughters birthday picture this year Hayle is her name I believe :eek:ops: Boy I hope I remembered her name right.
Thank you for some great M&M's this year (making memories):blob:
Yes MeMike you got it right(Haelee)It sure has been fun times T the track this season.I,ve been going with member(75BlueDuster)Mike and I have had some great times together competing.As he,s been getting closer to my 11.00 runs,I,ve been getting down lower in the 10,s LOL.Mike is a great competitor to compete with,seeing he,s running an Eddy headed 383.

Yes MeMike you got it right(Haelee)It sure has been fun times T the track this season.I,ve been going with member(75BlueDuster)Mike and I have had some great times together competing.As he,s been getting closer to my 11.00 runs,I,ve been getting down lower in the 10,s LOL.Mike is a great competitor to compete with,seeing he,s running an Eddy headed 383.

So glad I got here name right this morning :cheers: Just spelt wrong :thumrigh:

Ya do know 66 is the way to go :thumrigh: so glad you and Mike enjoy these great days together :cheers:

Attachments

• Canary66valiant-williamson.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 265
Nice!! I forget, what did you change to pick up those 2 tenths? New carb...Caltracks???

Thanks all!Improvement?I,m gonna try a 4.10 gear(4.56 now)next season to try and get my mph up in the 125-127mph mark.

Any suggestions?

Weight is a good place to start,now not saying ya are over weight but loose 10 poundssss this winter that should help, with the 4.10 gear you will be able to hold a gear a little longer.

-
Back