New, Better Pictures and Still deciding........

-

OwdKasd

Reaction score
......On what to do with paint. The work I've done so far is pretty minimal. Oil Change, Carburetor adjustments, Kickdown adjustments, Torsion bar adjustments to keep headers from bottoming out. Plans for car: New coil over rear shocks to replace the Air shocks, Eddy 600 Carby to replace holley, Tires, Ball joints, Dash Pad(Just 2 minor cracks) Some other little stuff and PAINT. She looks real good even up close but has some very minor bubbles over rear wheels. I really want to go all Black on this car. I can get the Rear 1/4's into perfect shape for $500. Then the rest is just wet sand along with some smoothing out, Prime & paint. I know that no matter what, I'll end up with more into the car than I can sell it for. But I will keep it for years and drive it less than 500 miles a year. Any. Enjoy the Pics and if anyone lives near the North Carolina Foothills that Paints cars pretty well, PM Me. Maybe You'd want to paint it for me.

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

Your nest step should be cutting off the extra length on those rear shackles.

Other than that the outside is looking good to me.

Your nest step should be cutting off the extra length on those rear shackles.

Other than that the outside is looking good to me.
I'm gonna drop it down to the the lower hole to raise the back up about 1 inch. Plus ditch the air shocks and put in coil overs. I think that should work pretty well for now.

Nice car.
Thanks! I'm probably gonna stick to the green and just get the 1/4's back to 100%. Then I can concentrate on the little mechanical issues. I always like those Cordobas. Don't see too many around any more but my good friend had one back in the '80's

Thanks! I'm probably gonna stick to the green and just get the 1/4's back to 100%. Then I can concentrate on the little mechanical issues. I always like those Cordobas. Don't see too many around any more but my good friend had one back in the '80's

Thanks on the Cordoba. Have you ever thought of sassy grass green with a scoop and black hood?

Wish we could have met before we moved from NC

I'm gonna drop it down to the the lower hole to raise the back up about 1 inch. Plus ditch the air shocks and put in coil overs. I think that should work pretty well for now.

then why bother changing from the air shocks?

if your going to do it do it right and just put new springs on it...

Ditch the shakles...put a set of new springs bent for the car to bring it up...JMO....

nice ride though.....

Am I gonna see this car next weekend at Mopars at the Rock? That thing looks good so far.

Thanks on the Cordoba. Have you ever thought of sassy grass green with a scoop and black hood?

Wish we could have met before we moved from NC
I'll have to check out the Sassy Green. I wish You were still in NC too. Not enough Mopars around here. Too many Ricers.(Hondas, Toyotas etc...) I like the Imports but LOVE Mopars. Always have. I had a 66 Dart as my first car the 2 Cudas after that.

Ditch the shakles...put a set of new springs bent for the car to bring it up...JMO....

nice ride though.....
I believe the springs are okay. The previous owner just used the shackles to lower it down. I'm not sure though. How could I tell??

I believe the springs are okay. The previous owner just used the shackles to lower it down. I'm not sure though. How could I tell??

only reason to use those shackles is to try ad raise the car. you remove them and it will lower the car. i'm sure the springs are beat..

Abodyjoe, Thanks... I'll add Springs to my list but, She does sit about like yours with NO air in the shocks.

1st Item on list is Carburetor. I am thinking Eddy 500. Right now,The Choke is disabled and I don't think everything's there to hook up an elec. choke. Should I go with the manual choke or just get the elec choke & remove that part from the Carby?

hey, i am 30 minutes from you. the problem with painting just the rear half is that the paint colors will never look right. sometimes it is just easier to paint the whole car.

pm me

-
Back