New build

-
You need the factory stock flex plate for the 98 5.9 Magnum, and then run a neutral balance converter of your choice...be it for a 727 or a 904. 5.9 Magnums are balanced on the flex plate, not the converter like our old LA 360's. You will have to rat one converter bolt hole out on the flex plate to get the older converter to bolt up. It takes very little filing to make it fit. Mark the flex plate and converter with a dab of paint or something so it's easier to line them up later. Hope this helps.
thanks for advice, hope to get converter and trans bolted up this week. next will be pulling /6 and doing some body repair in the engine compartment and trunk.

/6 removed, need to clean engine bay and do some painting. Have a couple of rust holes to fix first. Going to rebuild steering linkage and changeover to front disc brakes at this point in build. Going to Nats friday, hoping to score a 8 3/4 housing and rear valance.

IMG_0112.JPG

Did manage to pick up a 8 3/4 housing, no rear valance. Great show, tons of cars and plenty of action on drag strip. Grandson said was highlight of summer.

Some progress, cleaned and painted engine compartment, suspension rebuilt and new steering linkage. New brake lines up front, still need to run to rear. Bought a 8/3/4 housing but am having troubles, see drive train forum. Slow but sure.

IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

Some progress, suspension and brakes done, installed engine and trans, /6 adapters worked fine, installed new fuel tank with pump in tank and ran new fuel line and finally cleaned and painted trunk. Still waiting on the guy to finish 8 3/4 so i can move car in garage. Slow but steady.

IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

What tank is that? with the internal pump?
I'm doing a Magnum swap on my 72 Charger and have been considering my fuel delivery options. Thanks!

What tank is that? with the internal pump?
I'm doing a Magnum swap on my 72 Charger and have been considering my fuel delivery options. Thanks!
Tanks inc with internal pump. Very nice tank. Did get 8 3/4 installed. Just as a side note if somebody in northern ky or southern ohio needs any rear end work done the guy who fixed mine seemed very good. He sets up gears and shortens rear also. PM me if you need info.

Some progress. The engine finally ran today, big milestone for me. Was getting way to much fuel pressure for carb so had to install pressure regulator in place of the corvette piece in my fuel system. I bought a set of plug wires for magnum engine from rockauto but a couple are going to be to short using 318 exhaust manifolds. Anyway I have a question, had to twist the distributor a bunch ccw to get to run, which way would I clock the plug wires to put the distributor back where I want it, cw or ccw. By the way there was enough room to use a HEI distributor in and be able to adjust.

Car is off to paint, should have back in a couple of weeks, then the work begins

paint.jpg

Info for others wanting to know the factory indexing of the rear mounted distributors 318-340-360-5.9-

Attachments

• 31-340-DISTRIBUTOR-DRIVE-GEAR-ALIGNMENT.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 205
-
Back