New cam recommondation, Magnum 360......

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Picked up some 1.92/1.62 EQ heads,nice stainless valves. First cam,224@ .050,on a 114.My mistake.Not bad,need more. Couple of intelligent souls advised,narrow lca's,(106 to 109) . Heads will flow 240'ish ,1.92 valve.3200 9.5 stall /727. 3.55's out back.002/003 springs,matching shocks.Can tune for streetability,Chassis ,gears set.
Oddball,I know.Have at it. Thank you in advance,if solids can survive in a Magnum,,a option..... Oops, capable of damage,/ Saturday nite Special applies....

Picked up some 1.92/1.62 EQ heads,nice stainless valves. First cam,224@ .050,on a 114.My mistake.Not bad,need more. Couple of intelligent souls advised,narrow lca's,(106 to 109) . Heads will flow 240'ish ,1.92 valve.3200 9.5 stall /727. 3.55's out back.002/003 springs,matching shocks.Can tune for streetability,Chassis ,gears set.
Oddball,I know.Have at it. Thank you in advance,if solids can survive in a Magnum,,a option..... Oops, capable of damage,/ Saturday nite Special applies....
solids will work just need the oil thru and i polish the hell out ofthe face of the lifter.

Actually the 224 at .050 isn't that bad for a 360 with good flowing heads. But that is a wide lobe center. Should be real streetable and have a wide/flat power curve that'll peak in the mid to upper 5k range. No problem using a solid with EQ's. I'm running a Racer Brown ST-14 solid. Just gotta use oil through lifters and pushrods like 440 said. Not sure why he said you have to pollish the face of the lifter though. I've never done that and had no problems. If you want to get every ounce of power out of it use a solid.

My 360 is bored and stroked to a 408, but I run this:

Comp 1.5 ratio shaft mount billet roller rockers
Comp hydraulic roller lifters
Comp Cam
242/248 Dur@ .050, .3660/.3630 lift @ .050, 112° lobe sep. 549/544 gross valve lift
Comp valve springs, retainers, keepers, locators

It sounds nice, runs nice and I have all the vacuum I need.

Saturday night Special huh.Then by all means go with the narrow LCA if you have no power brake booster.My eyes were recently opened to the potential of a 108 LCA vrs a 112 in my Bracket car.Night and day to say the least ...

it's an old stock eliminators trick.i never used to polish them but with how it's so common for cams to go flat nowdays, just extra insurance.it works.you don't have to polish them i was just saying thats how i do it.bomber my cams [email protected] in gear it's running a steady 10 inches of vacume.i think thats pretty decent for a cam like that

it's an old stock eliminators trick.i never used to polish them but with how it's so common for cams to go flat nowdays, just extra insurance.it works.you don't have to polish them i was just saying thats how i do it.

Ok. Are you talking about polishing the sides so they rotate good, or are you saying to polish the base?

the base, but i do make sure they are not tight in thebore.cause that non rotating lifter will just get a big groove ground in it....

-
Back