New Cam Was Tight

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My new Hughes whiplash cam is in. But test fitting it, it didn't want to go in the last 3/4".
Measured and remeasured....only about .001" difference between the old and new...
So i got out my dremel with a cutting wheel and notched my OLD cam and used it to lightly cut the bearings a bit......worked like a charm.

20160602_155017_zpsoe6xngws.jpg

Cam is in and spins beautiful by hand.

Jeff

That's how you do it when you do it if you do it

Or some crap like that. I think it was a pop song. Or in a **** movie. I always get that mixed up.

That's how you do it when you do it if you do it

Or some crap like that. I think it was a pop song. Or in a **** movie. I always get that mixed up.

Lol.....

Yup...learned it here in some thread a while back. ....I love this site!

Jeff

Nicely done, 'specialy if the engine is in the car. Now you can put your old cam on eBay and sell it as an 'SBM Cam Bearing Finishing Tool'.... it'll sell in no time LOL

My new Hughes whiplash cam is in. But test fitting it, it didn't want to go in the last 3/4".
Measured and remeasured....only about .001" difference between the old and new...
So i got out my dremel with a cutting wheel and notched my OLD cam and used it to lightly cut the bearings a bit......worked like a charm.

View attachment 1714939744

Cam is in and spins beautiful by hand.

Jeff
Yup... I have a few of them special tools layin around. I will say that you need to grease the tool, so it collects any shavings tho, if you didn't.

-
Back