new car 64 Belvedere 17475 miles

-

retractable

Reaction score
I just pick up a 1964 Plymouth Belvedere with 17475 original miles. It is a 4 door with a 225 and 3 speed with original tires. I am not planning on any paint --just clean it up more and redo the brakes. The cars drives very nice and has good power for a /6. I have a set of wheels from a Mirada that might look good on it. we will see.

Attachments

• 64 belvedere aug 2015 018.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 482
  • 64 belvedere aug 2015 011.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 489
  • 64 belvedere aug 2015 017.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 496
  • 64 belvedere aug 2015 014.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 498
Nice find! Just broke in with 175k on it!

Very cool Jay, Pete told me you bought this and was hoping you would post pics....looks just like dads unrestored 64 Fury....maybe you could drive it over and i'll take some pics of these 2 low mileage cars together? :glasses7:

Attachments

• Picture 383.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 429
Very nice! I'd put the original tires up, slap some new ones on and drive it just like it is.

NICE. Goes to show that they are still out there waiting to be found !

what a great find!!! anyone can restore one, but only like THIS once!
yep I too would change to good tires, flush everything and add new fluids. check it, could still have original hoses, belts, etc.

Agree with going threw all fluids, belts hoses and tires right away on this very VERY nice more door that has survived the times :glasses7:, I have seen 66340SEDAN's car he posted of FISHYPETE's car in person and that would be a great photo shoot for sure :cheers: Congratulations on a very groovy find :color:

The car has original belts and hoses . Spare was just put on but no miles yet. The original information that was on a paper sleeve over the visors was in the glove compartment with information from new. All the service records and state ispections too. Inspection from Missouri from 1983 showing 17,002 miles and miles now are 17,475 . Not many miles in 32 years. I have new master cyl and front brake cyls installed now. Rear cyls go in tomorrow. Fluids are next. I am not driving on the old tires they will come off and stored with the rims.

original tires and rims off. I think I will use these wheels and 15 in tires. They need a good polishing to look good.

Attachments

• 64 belvedere aug 2015 002.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 297
Agreed, why would anyone cannibalize that car. It's a beauty.

I know it is REALLY hard to believe, but some people do not think there is anything great or special about a six cylinder, three-on-the-tree, 4 door, no matter how mint or low mileage it is. I'd rather have a 17,000 mile, 426 Super/Stock wedge, 2 door sedan. How shocking!

Like I said before, different strokes, for different folks.

I know it is REALLY hard to believe, but some people do not think there is anything great or special about a six cylinder, three-on-the-tree, 4 door, no matter how mint or low mileage it is. I'd rather have a 17,000 mile, 426 Super/Stock wedge, 2 door sedan. How shocking!

Nice car!

For some of us older folks, it makes us happy to see a survivor looking as it did during the period when it was new. It brings back many good memories, and any alterations disturbs that effect. Not everyone has that nostalgic feeling, though.

The main thing is it's being taken care of and enjoyed (and original parts are being kept safe.)

Like these great cars as they are and modified , I like the wheels on it, makes the look as a great driver :color:

For some of us older folks, it makes us happy to see a survivor looking as it did during the period when it was new. It brings back many good memories, and any alterations disturbs that effect. Not everyone has that nostalgic feeling, though.

The main thing is it's being taken care of and enjoyed (and original parts are being kept safe.)
Ain't that the truth :glasses7: well said David :cheers:

Just seen this thread, Nice! I thought my 64 had low miles with 28,000 mi. The original tires have seen better days and I'm replacing them this comming week. I bet the ride will be a lot smoother on your NEW car

And it might be really hard to believe from that angle, but some people do think there is something great and special about an original six cylinder, three-on-the-tree 4 door that is unmolested and low mileage.

So many have been cannibalized to build yet another two door big block cars that seeing the two door big block cars is getting boring.

But, like you said, different strokes for different folks.

-
Back