New car finally hitting the track: estimates?

-
1.42 60' is a good short time.

Odd that the .3 faster 60' is the slower ET. What happened?

Car is over tired. Convertor is too tight after it gets warmed up. Car was cold. Track was cold.

i'm just happy for you that you are able to get her on the track now

tbh i would dial in / adjust / tweak things

build another engine separately, to do all the roller stuff etc
get it all done and ready before you swap it in.

in the mean time you can get the chassis and 60' times to a consistent baseline.

otherwise you lose a lot of tracktime it will become shoptime while you are rebuilding

11.7's are not to shabby and right now with the money invested you are not too worried about breaking stuff. after you get the roller special and ported heads etc you will be.

so if you are gonna put that kind of cheddah into building the engine you want to be meticulous get everything just right not be in a rush so you can get back to the track.

nice car bro

addendum: i have a buddy who has a 7 sec camaro. he's been racing someone else's car for a while, a bb chevy dragster
he only races for money purses, he dont go to tracks where there is no money or low payouts. he's all about dial in, consistency, lights etc.

anyways i asked him last week how racing went. he said i made it down to the group of 8 but that's it. i said what happened you miss the lights or something. he said no all day we were racing in the left lane but the last race they opened up the right lane i was put over there and then we all knew why they had that lane shut down. it made me lose the race. (this was at bud's creek)

so my point is on the consistency/dialing in/tuning make sure not to let track conditions trick you. changes you make could be the right ones but the track conditions can make you double guess yourself

i'm just happy for you that you are able to get her on the track now

I was too. Next weekend is the last weekend and then the track closes

tbh i would dial in / adjust / tweak things. in the mean time you can get the chassis and 60' times to a consistent baseline.

Without spending money there isn't much to tweak. I made 3 back to back passes with .0?? reaction times and all within .040 seconds of each other. Seems to me I could be pretty competitive in most of the non-electronics classes, definitely in the DOT classes.

build another engine separately, to do all the roller stuff etc.
get it all done and ready before you swap it in.

Can't afford to do this. My mill is far from being tired but any work can be done over the LONG northeast winter.

11.7's are not to shabby and right now with the money invested you are not too worried about breaking stuff. after you get the roller special and ported heads etc you will be.

yeah the 30,000 I already have invested is no big deal, lol.

nice car bro

so my point is on the consistency/dialing in/tuning make sure not to let track conditions trick you. changes you make could be the right ones but the track conditions can make you double guess yourself

I was in the same lane all day, every pass but the track conditions when it's 40 degrees outside can change quick.

Car is over tired. Convertor is too tight after it gets warmed up. Car was cold. Track was cold.

The slips are hard to read because of size. To be .3 faster in the first 60' and be .4 slower at the stripe, something strange happened. Where on track was all that 60' time lost?

The slips are hard to read because of size. To be .3 faster in the first 60' and be .4 slower at the stripe, something strange happened. Where on track was all that 60' time lost?

Top end. I shifted into overdrive the first pass. The rest I ran it out in 3rd. Also short shifted 2nd gear real bad. Like probably at 70 ft.

-
Back