New Challenger concept

-
yea I don't think they would bring back the Barracuda name just because its the plymouth brand, which is now defunct.

I'm very pleased diam/dodge has kept eyes/ears open and turned the next gen. designer's loose and allowed them to blend today's technology w/yeserday's classic styling; Oh yea,425 hemi that works for me!!! My first car;68 satelite,318/904/3.23 all the memories, say no more.

Personally I like the Challenger concept better than that concept Cuda. The challenger concept is more true to the old lines of the origianl Challenger. what do the rest of you think?

My vote is for the Cuda!!! But everybody has their own taste which is why they had the challenger and the cuda in the first place.

[QUOTE='64 Cuda]I love the Challenger. I also liked the 'Cuda pics, but would prefer a '70 inspired front end instead of the one it has, which looks to be more like a '71. I could probably even afford to buy one. Would love having the Hemi & manual trans.

Having said all of that, we have 4 kids, :violent1: :argue: (2 sets of twins, all in grade school). We have a mini van, :banghead: which we would love to get rid of, but is the most practical thing for us for the next few years. Alas, I'm probably going to miss the factory musclecar wars again! :violent2:[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more.

[QUOTE='64 Cuda]Having said all of that, we have 4 kids, ... a mini van, which we would love to get rid of, but is the most practical thing for us for the next few years. [/QUOTE]

My kids are out of college, two have jobs and the other is looking... It's finally time for dad to start spending some of his money on himself! :thumblef: Second childhood time!!! :toothy7:

I thought I'd have more of an argument from my wife, but when I showed her the pictures, she said "you sold your first Challenger when we got married, you need to get one" Always knew I loved that lady!!!

I would be happy with a V-6 version

I had some thoughts about this, thinking back to a story I once read. The reason the hemis and early Challengers/'Cudas are worth so much now is because of their rarity. When I filled out the 'get the new Challenger built' survey, something like 85% of the folks were planning on the 6.1/6 speed combo.

Perversely enough, that probably means 20+ years from now, the rarest and most valuable of the 2008 Challengers is liable to be the V6 version as the hemi will be the most common.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still ordering the big hemi! The dealer tried to talk me out of the 4 speed pistol grip on my '74 in favor of the automatic to help the resale value... Told him I wasn't ordering it for the 'next guy', I was ordering it for me!

Don't know if they'll become quite as common as the PT Cruiser (hope not!). Hot rods are a different market, so even if a lot are sold you still shouldn't see half a dozen in the mall parking lot.

Jay

Keith Mopar said:
Here is the concept CUda, don't remember where it came from know.

I could go with less bumper under the grille, a more recessed grille, and a REAL bumper (ya know, the steel covered in chrome kind that does it's job!). I wonder what the rear looks like....

Anyway my initial reaction was whoa! I think the Challenger is a little better looking, but with some tweaking I'd like the Cuda even more.

I would go with challenger,this car needs to be put in production,let them fight it out the nhra way.I will be waiting on yhe side lines for now.Ive got a 69 barracuda deal in my sites!!!!!.Don K.

-
Back