New Challenger is a GO!!!!

-

6T9 GTS

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repost but I read it today in my latest issue of Hot Rod. It will debue in 2008 as an '08 model. It was towards the front of the magazine in a little outtake. Hot Rod didn't have anything about on their website but I swear that I read it in the magazine. This is gonna be AWESOME!!!!

I had also seen this, it was at dodge.com but no pricing is available yet

Chrysler announced that originaly in July (but is good to hear again) and last week GM said that it will build the Camaro, so now the Challenger won't go hungry it will have plenty to eat.

You can be sure the Camero with an LS7 engine (or better) will be no slouch either - and it will have a "Made In Canada" sticker .

:
6T9 GTS said:
The article is on page 32. And they're gonna release the SRT version first!!! I want one.
:thumblef: I want one too!! :wave:

tm_dodge_challenger_concept_2006_2007_2008_1.jpg

this is awesome and it iwll only make people want old ones and new ones more, lucky for my next restor i gotta 72 challenger sitting around waiting to be worked on, that should be pretty sweet :headbang:

I'm sure 08 model year will have some kind of phenomenal dealer mark up. I would probably wait until 2010. I want one bad, used to have a '71. But may have to settle for something more practical like a hemi Magnum.

Yeah the first year or two will have bad dealer markups, i hear middle 30s!

Thrashard340 said:
I'm sure 08 model year will have some kind of phenomenal dealer mark up. I would probably wait until 2010. I want one bad, used to have a '71. But may have to settle for something more practical like a hemi Magnum.

"may have to settle for something more practical like a hemi Magnum"
LOL, Having to settle sucks dont it? ...... :headbang:

the 08 will begin build in late fall of 07 and release when production numbers are ready for release.

so i hear!

Cerwin

I remember reading about a dyno test on the new 6.1 crate hemi back in june. Mopar Performance rated them at 510 hp but got 565 on the dyno! That should propel the new challenger into the 11's. :twisted:

Theres a guy from my town who has a deposit to get #10 off of the assembly line. He got a deal thru a chrysler rep he is kin to.

mikedevore said:
Theres a guy from my town who has a deposit to get #10 off of the assembly line. He got a deal thru a chrysler rep he is kin to.

What am I missing? Any reason for #10 ?? and not 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,??????

I heard a rumor that there are already 20-30 of these cars driving around in CA for test purposes before they go "public". I have my doubts on this because I am sure pics would have surfaced by now of these "big foots" thrashing through the Jungle. Dont you think??

:headbang: sweet now I can ditch my hybrid since it will have saved me about $10,000 by 2008. should be a good down payment. :headbang:

I'm close to Malibu and Thousand Oaks, CA. Mulholland Dr is a popular test run. I will keep a look out and will have digital camera in hand

daves66valiant said:
I'm close to Malibu and Thousand Oaks, CA. Mulholland Dr is a popular test run. I will keep a look out and will have digital camera in hand

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

mikedevore said:
He had requested #1, but number 10 was all he could get. If its like anything else, #1 & #2 will be pilot cars, to make sure they are assembled correct. Just my guess.

This sucks! 1n 1987 the hemi Challenger I wanted was over 5 grand so it may as well have been 5 mill. Now I'm that I'm all growed-up and earning good money that same car is now half the price of my house. Now the challenger comes around AGAIN and I STILL can't afford one! (I'm guessing she will roll of the lot in the $30 to 35k neighborhood, just a wild guess). Sure glad I got my nifty, little duster to play with! (Pretty car though!)

-LY

-
Back